PDA

View Full Version : which aimpoint magnifier mount?

basilhaydenO
05-06-07, 13:20
I am planning on running an aimpoint 3x mag. behind an aimpoint and am wondering everyone's opinions on the samson quick flip mount vs. the new larue pivot mount. I have seen a detailed description and discussion on the larue, but haven't really seen alot of talk concerning the samson mount. Does anyone have an opinion on the two? Thanks.

C4IGrant
05-06-07, 13:47
I am planning on running an aimpoint 3x mag. behind an aimpoint and am wondering everyone's opinions on the samson quick flip mount vs. the new larue pivot mount. I have seen a detailed description and discussion on the larue, but haven't really seen alot of talk concerning the samson mount. Does anyone have an opinion on the two? Thanks.

I would go with the LT mount simply because of the lever. The Samson uses the ARMS #17 (which is sucky).

C4

Leviathan
05-06-07, 15:22
The LT mount is very nice. When not in use it folds over and locks in place and out of the way. Moving it to the upright position behind the optic is easily done one handed with practice. Optic is solid in either position.

The one issue that might be of concern is how much room you have on your rail. My previous LT static mount for the 3X had the locking/quick detach hardware on the right side with the hardware on the LT Aimpoint mount on left and the two did not interfere with each other. The folding mount has the hardware on the left, which is not a big deal, but now I have two mounts with the hardware on the same side so you have to mindful of which one goes on first to everything locked down.

BigCraig
05-06-07, 16:14
I just recieved the LaRue flip mount as part of the "poor boy special" Mark is selling.

It is an awesome product, I give it a thumps up!

basilhaydenO
05-06-07, 18:13
Thanks guys.
I was leaning toward the larue b/c it LOOKS like it is a little more stable and it LOOKS from the pics that I have seen that when in the down position it doesn't stick out to the side of the gun as much as the samson does. You folks on this site have the other one beaten hands down. There is no telling how much money and aggravation ya'll are saving me.
Thanks

Lumpy196
05-06-07, 18:40
The Larue flip-mount is awesome. I just got one to replace the LT150 my magnifier was riding in. I couldnt be happier with the quality. Its truly precision gear.