PDA

View Full Version : Magpul RVG and MVG in stock!

masternave
04-24-10, 15:23
For those of us who weren't l337 enough to get a pre-release copy, the MVG and RVG grips are now available at a couple of retailers. AIM surplus only has 8 last time I checked, and DSG arms has a few as well. Sadly, none are in FDE as of yet, black only. Eat 'em up!

Jake Bauer
04-24-10, 17:04
midwayusa has em too.

Anyone heard any reviews on the MVG yet?

Dos Cylindros
04-24-10, 17:23
I picked one of these up from DSG Arms and it got here the other day. I got it because I was not totally sold on my AFG. After a range session yesterday with my new upper, I have decided to go back to the vertical grip, so I slapped on the RVG.

I have to say that I think it is one of Magpul's best products. When holding in the thumb break grip it is by far and away the most comfortable VFG I have ever used. I only have dry runs with it in the garage, but the way they curved the front where it meets the bottom rail is really comfortable. My middle finger just slides right in there and there is no pinch like I experience with my TD QD stubby on my work carbine. It is extremely light, very strong and mounts up solidly. All things considered, I think it is the best VFG I have ever used, though I have not used a FUG.

Jake Bauer
04-24-10, 17:51
Thanks Dos.

So I assume to take it off, you have to remove the handgaurd?

Could you explain the "thumb break" method to me?

markdh720
04-24-10, 21:51
I saw Grant at G&R has them in stock so I included an MVG when I ordered my T-1 last week. I can't wait til that box gets here!

Dos Cylindros
04-24-10, 23:38
Thanks Dos.

So I assume to take it off, you have to remove the handgaurd?

Could you explain the "thumb break" method to me?

You do not have to remove the handgaurd, you just pick the rail section you want it mounted to, loosent the mounting screws and bolt it right up.

The thumb break method of shooting is where you do not grip the VFG in a "fist" like grip, but run you thumb up alongside the rail, or over the top of the rail pointing toward the muzzle. It basically gets you hand even with or high up with the bore line of the rifle and greatly enhances reoil control. If you search Magpul SHOT show 2010 you can see Travis Haley of Magpul Dynamics explains the shooting method, and how the RVG and MVG were designed to optimize this shooting method.

Jake Bauer
04-25-10, 02:21
Doh, I thought you said you had gotten the MVG. That's the one I'm wondering if you have to take the whole guard off for, as well as how solid the fit is.

Thanks for the explanation.

pacrimguru
04-25-10, 03:55
we just got a few in. (see link in my sig.)

GaryXD
04-25-10, 08:40
MVG

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/GaryXD/dcp_2730.jpg

masternave
04-25-10, 11:38
As soon as one arrives in FDE, I will probably pick one up. Can't wait.

Stickman
04-25-10, 11:46
For those of us who weren't l337 enough to get a pre-release copy

I didn't think there were prerelease copies floating around.

masternave
04-25-10, 11:48
Well... maybe that's not the right term. But you were able to take pics of one before they were shipped (understandable), and I could have sworn retreathell had one on a gun a week or so ago. I could be wrong.

Doesn't matter. I'm not jealous. Just ready to hand Drake more cash. :P

Stickman
04-25-10, 11:59
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20V/STCK1015-1024-Stick.jpg

Jake Bauer
04-25-10, 12:17
Nice lookin Rifle Gary. Mine's gunna end up lookin a lot like yours.

P.S.- Gary, sent you a PM

masternave
04-25-10, 13:17
Correction, it wasn't RetreatHell, it was a blaster from Dozer. Very nice looking one too.