PDA

View Full Version : CTR vs ACS

Fireman1291
04-24-10, 16:16
So Ive had a CTR on my 16" carbine since the CTR was released and I love it, BUT...I went to the range awhile ago and my buddy had the new ACS stock and it was the most comfortable stock I've ever welded my cheek to. That and the battery storage compartment would be nice for my Eotech and G2 light.

So my question is..Have any of you ever switched from a CTR to a ACS stock and regretted it? I heard its pretty bulky, I didn't really have enough time on it to decide...O and will it balance better with the weight of my can on the end? Thanks guys/gals:D

Here is the carbine in question.
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n273/fireman1291/DSC02282.jpg

mhall
04-24-10, 16:48
i switched from the ctr to the acs because i never felt comfortable with the ctr checkweld. the acs checkweld is right there every time for me. it balances out my 16 in mid length lightweight centurion barrel with a rifle length urx 2 perfectly for me. with the ml3 aimpoint in a larue cantilever mount the balance point is right at the front of the mag well.

scfast
04-24-10, 19:56
I switched to the ACS my larue SSS mainly to balance better and i love it.Great cheek weld and have yet to catch a wisker:D No regrets but the CTR has never really bothered me other than pulling hairs.The CTR has ended up on one of my KISS builds.

Ak44
04-24-10, 20:20
I run the CTR on my SBR and the ACS on my 6920 (swapped out the Sopmod for the ACS). The ACS does balance my 6920 better but that's just my opinion. I like both stocks :cool:

HeavyDuty
04-24-10, 21:46
Not the CTR, but close - I've been running MOE stocks on two carbines for a few months and finally decided I just couldn't live with the cheekweld compared to one of my other guns that has an ACS. I'm moving from MOE to ACS on both.

Fireman1291
04-24-10, 23:19
Thanks all!

Im gonna sell the CTR to a buddy and buy a ACS.:cool:

Dos Cylindros
04-24-10, 23:33
Thanks all!

Im gonna sell the CTR to a buddy and buy a ACS.:cool:

Good call, I love my ACS, but I like the CTR as well.

mmike87
04-25-10, 10:58
I switched from a CTR to an ACS on one of my guns. I love the ACS and would never switch back. It's obviously slightly bulkier and heavier than a CTR - but it's a non-issue IMO.