PDA

View Full Version : The Courage Of The Mexican Police and Military In 2010

Safetyhit
04-24-10, 20:41
In light of the Mexican Police massacre today, this thought comes to mind. We are all aware of the incredible dysfunction happening in Mexico, and we criticize it very justifiably. It's ranges from the common thug up to the cartel leaders, with many politicians, police and even ex-military in the ranks.

But what about the people trying to diligently enforce the law and protect overall decency? I try to think of a more noble group in todays civilized, western world environment, but even including Columbia and Brazil none seem to compare. These folks operate on a daily basis at extreme odds, yet they are never mentioned here.

Their environment is so corrupt that they must pass a lie detector test just to maintain their job, and for extremely good reason. Their families are often threatened and even killed. Can any LEO here imagine working daily, for years, under such conditions?

There is good with the bad, and I hope we can always remember that.

Perhaps these photos will illustrate:

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/world/2010/04/24/drug-lords-gun-police-officers-mexico/

Just a simple show of respect where it is due, nothing more.

Cascades236
04-24-10, 21:26
I whole heartedly agree, very tough times. Very noble men and women.

Would I like to work in these conditions? No
Would I? You bet

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

randolph
04-24-10, 21:31
good post.

with all the anti-immigrant rhetoric we forget there are a lot of good mexicans out there that want only the best for their country.
A trait shared with most North Americans.
I spent many years as a youth in mexico, I have no interest in ever going back until they clean the place up.
Its a beautiful country filled with good people.

God Bless um...

VooDoo6Actual
04-24-10, 21:55
Indeed, right on.

Some pretty nasty Tango poop (SGO) going on SOTB w/ Juarez7, "Zzzzz's", los zetas, secarios etc. et al ....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/ReynosaMexico11.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/DSC083851.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/DSC084001.jpg

armakraut
04-25-10, 01:33
To quote the Duke, "Out here, due process is a bullet."

Macx
04-25-10, 01:59
Hats off to the good ones. ..

I don't mean any disrespect with the question, but what are those cages on the backs of those crew cabs?

RetreatHell
04-25-10, 02:19
I really wish we could send some hunter/killer SF teams down there to straight up track down and execute deserving bad guys, namely cartel members, on the spot. Sort of like the SAS "allegedly" did on occasion in Northern Ireland, whenever they assassinated key IRA members, only on a MUCH larger scale.

And Im not just talking about on our own, here. I'm saying that our guys could run "execution missions right alongside Mexico's elite police/military forces. Just kill all the mother****ers. This shit is way past the point of getting ridiculous. I don't really see what else could possibly deter these scum bags other than just straight up murdering them all. I doubt anyone would miss the ****ers.

Either that or allow the law abiding Mexican population to own firearms. Maybe if Mexico wasn't a gun-ban nation, the civilian populace would take care of their garbage on their own. Instead, as of now, the law abiding Mexican is the weak and feeble sheep who has to depend solely on the local police sheepdogs to protect them from the cartel wolves. In Mexico, at least it seems to me, the man with the gun makes the rules and has the power, and everyone without guns have to bow down to him and beg for his mercy.

It's insanity going on down there. The Mexican People deserve better.

perna
04-25-10, 02:40
I doubt anyone would miss the ****ers.

You mean besides all the people that live off of US drug money in some way or another? You are talking about millions of people that would miss them. There are also countless millions that will replace the ones you want to kill, with in mins of their deaths.

RetreatHell
04-25-10, 03:16
You mean besides all the people that live off of US drug money in some way or another? You are talking about millions of people that would miss them. There are also countless millions that will replace the ones you want to kill, with in mins of their deaths.

Yes I know, that's all true. I guess I should've labeled my post as a rant, because that's what it was. I know it's not at all realistic, nor could it ever even come close to actually happening. But I'm tired of seeing dead bodies on the TV screen, especially when they're the dead bodies of Americans, but also those of the Mexican civilian population and LEOs. As stated in the OP, the Mexican Police have huge balls and courage, and dedication to their country and fellow Mexicans.

Artos
04-25-10, 07:22
My job takes me across the border and I have yet to see any of the dressed military or federales in plain view without some sort of protection over their face to guard their identity...it's a sad state of affairs. The civi's are at their wits end trying to cope & schools are still running around 50% attendance.

There is an article in the local area paper almost daily. Here's one regarding ANOTHER grenade attack on the local pd station:

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/mso-37794-font-family.html

Three injured during Reynosa clash

REYNOSA — Three gunmen were injured Friday afternoon during a clash with federal authorities on this city’s west side.

Authorities reported roadblocks via Twitter during the confrontation, which apparently took place during the early evening hours in the Fuentes area.

Travelers were urged to avoid the neighborhood, especially the area where Del Maestro Boulevard and Fuente de Diana Street intersect.

On Thursday, unknown gunmen targeted three municipal police stations in Reynosa — including one facility that apparently came under grenade attack, according to information posted on the state’s official website.

Thursday’s attacks occurred at substations located in the Canada and Pedro J. Mendez neighborhoods and the central police station in the Rodriguez subdivision. A grenade landed near the Rodriguez station but caused little to no damage to the building itself, Reynosa police Officer Julio Cavazos said Thursday night.

Also Thursday evening, a separate attempt was made on a satellite office of the Mexico attorney general in Miguel Alemán, across the border from Roma.

Federal authorities continue to investigate all four attacks and have released few details of their probe. They have not said whether they believe the incidents to be a coordinated strike.

Prior to Thursday’s flare-up, Reynosa had experienced about three weeks of relative calm after a spike in violence attributed to an ongoing fight between the Gulf Cartel and its former allies the Zetas that has played out in cities stretching from Matamoros to Monterrey.

The Zetas — a paramilitary organization founded by former members of Mexico’s special forces — have historically served as the enforcement arm of the Gulf Cartel. But in recent years, their operations have grown more independent to the point that they are now warring with their old bosses for control of Tamaulipas’ valuable smuggling routes.

More than 22,700 people have been killed in Mexico’s drug war since December 2006, when President Felipe Calderón launched a crackdown on his country’s entrenched narcotics syndicates, according to government estimates.

...And then ther is this one where they atacked leo at the poe down the road close to the ranch I hunt:

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/mexican-37810-authorities-grande.html

Mexican authorities attacked at Camargo bridge

RIO GRANDE CITY — Gunmen opened fire on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande City-Camargo International Bridge on Saturday morning.

Tamaulipas officials confirmed the attack via the state’s emergency notification system amid a flurry of unconfirmed reports about the assault, providing few details about the incident. A Mexican customs facility at the port of entry was damaged, but officials did not report any injuries in connection with Saturday’s confrontation between federal authorities and the gunmen.

U.S. customs officials said they were “aware of what’s going on in Mexico” but that the incidents had not affected operations on the U.S. portion of the bridge.

“Whatever happened, happened in Mexico,” said Eddie Perez, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection. “Not here.”

Perez said there was no southbound traffic at the port of entry, but he could not confirm whether bridge owners or Mexican officials had closed southbound lanes.

Voice mail left for Starr Camargo Bridge Co. were not returned Saturday. Calls made to Camargo city officials were unanswered.

Starr County Sheriff Rene Fuentes said officials at the port of entry requested units to monitor the U.S. side of the bridge in case the attacks reach his jurisdiction.

“We’re hearing that 15 to 20 trucks of bad guys attacked the Mexican side,” the sheriff said. “We’ve got a lot of people coming in to Rio Grande City from the Mexican side.”

One woman who asked not to be identified said the attack was heard from a nearby H.E.B. grocery store, 6583 Bridge Ave. People rushed inside the building to seek shelter from gunfire.

Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño said he placed three SWAT units and 30 additional deputies on alert as a precaution.

Also Saturday morning, officials found three bullet-riddled bodies in Camargo’s Rancherias neighborhood. Tamaulipas state officials later reported shots were fired in downtown Miguel Alemán, located west of Camargo. Two commercial buildings were also set on fire during the incident.

In a separate attack Saturday, four men were killed during an apparent gun battle along the highway linking Miguel Alemán to Los Guerra.

In Reynosa on Saturday evening, officials urged travelers via Twitter to avoid the highway linking that city to Monterrey due to a “situation of risk” in the Gen. Bravo area. No further details were immediately released.

Mexico violence along the nation’s border with Texas has been attributed to a three-way struggle among two drug trafficking organizations and the federal government.

The Zetas — a paramilitary organization founded by former members of Mexico’s special forces — have historically served as the enforcement arm of the Gulf Cartel. But in recent years, their operations have grown more independent to the point that they are now warring with their old bosses for control of Tamaulipas’ valuable smuggling routes.

More than 22,700 people have been killed in Mexico’s drug war since December 2006, when President Felipe Calderón launched a crackdown on his country’s entrenched narcotics syndicates, according to government estimates.

LockenLoad
04-25-10, 09:48
No I could not imagine it at all, very good post but the odds are against them with the corruption, once again legalize the drugs, then the Cartels have no money? We create this problem, once again the history lesson here is prohibition we have learned nothing. The money to corrupt Mexico comes from us.

CarlosDJackal
04-25-10, 09:50
I've always said that wearing a badge is akin to wearing a bullseye. In Mexico as in a lot of Third World Countries, it's more like wearing a large neon hat that says, "Shoot me and win a prize!!"

People get disgusted when they hear of crooked members of the Mexican government who are associated with pursuing, engaging, arresting, or prosecuting these scumbags. But if you were to put yourself in their place, if the choice is stay an honest Officer or Soldierfor nothing with the guarantee that your life and the lives of your loved ones WILL be in absolute danger; or switch sides and live very comfortably and ensure the safety of your family - which one makes more sense (not that I am advocating this)?

With this in mind, I applaud those who have staye true to their oaths despite all the threats and danger. God bless them!!

GermanSynergy
04-25-10, 10:18
I can't imagine the stress and danger those brave officers in Mexico have to deal with on a daily basis, especially the ones that suit up each day to be professionals and to protect and serve.

Safetyhit
04-25-10, 10:25

Let's please not start the "we are to blame" garbage. I really cringe when I hear that simplistic view.

Despite the fact that our soils also produce marijuana, we don't have cartels going around killing everyone and paralyzing cities because we as a nation have our shit together in that regard. Unfortunately they don't, however that is surely not our fault.

tracker722
04-25-10, 13:59

LockenLoad
04-25-10, 14:13
On top of that, I dare say that there are members here who can also be blamed for the violence for purchasing and using some of the "product" coming through Mexico.

I find it odd that people get wrapped around the axle about toeing the line when it comes to gun laws but think nothing about the drug laws.

DISCLAIMER: I am not pointing any fingers, but I have known people in the past that were very strict to adhere to NFA laws but wouldn't think twice about taking a toke or two. Kind of ironic.

yea but he did not inhale so it does not count right? That's what a former unnamed POTUS said:D

tracker722
04-25-10, 14:15

LockenLoad
04-25-10, 14:36
I have seen a lot of people in different positions of power do questionable things, Senators with pepe's through holes in public bathrooms. I was just joking anyway, if they were to ban cigarettes and alcohol tomorrow, would all those people stop? The are both highly addictive drugs and arguably the ones that cause the most damage. Disclaimer I am not condoning drug use, but I drink a beer our too. How many people are running around with scripts for pain pills, xanax, ect. that have NFA weapons, I am not saying they should not be allowed to use own such guns, but should be in an unmediated state when using, just like drinking and driving is stupid but people still do it. The government should get out of policing personal behavior, you can't teach common sense and stop stupidity. Just lay the hammer down on them when they break laws

RioGrandeGreen
04-25-10, 15:18
Hats off to the good ones. ..

I don't mean any disrespect with the question, but what are those cages on the backs of those crew cabs?

The cops ride in the bed of the truck all the time. Those are roll bars, one or two cops face forward standing up and the same to the rear and some to the sides.