PDA

View Full Version : Magpul's MOE Plus Grip: What's the deal?

Jake Bauer
04-25-10, 05:09
I was just doing a little research on when the MOE Plus grip will be released. Midway says they should have them on the 26th (tomorrow), but I found online posts going back to December 2008 talking about the Plus grip and how it was soon to be released. Why is it taking so long? I guess I shouldn't really expect them to be in stock at midway tomorrow.

RetreatHell
04-25-10, 06:02
I don't even think God Himself knows when in His name that damn MOE+ grip will be released to those of us who've been eagerly awaiting its debut.

The only ones I've even seen have been on Stickman's carbines in the pic threads, that's it. So your guess is as good as mine, bro. It would definitely be cool if they were released tomorrow, though I'm sure as hell not gonna get my hopes up.

When (and if) it is finally released, I think they'll sell a shit-ton of them for sure. I only plan on buying 1 of them initially to see if I actually like their new texture, which I'm pretty sure I will. But after running it for a good while I'll probably buy a few more of them.

cagilber
04-25-10, 09:39
I thought somewhere Magpul said they were having problems with getting the two types of polymers to bond together correctly...or something along those lines.

Jake Bauer
04-25-10, 12:19
hmm, maybe I should just go with the basic MOE grip for now. However, my buddy has a hogue on his AR and it feels awesome.

Stickman
04-25-10, 13:06
Listing a product with an in stock date when the manufacturer does not have it in production, or has not given a release date has never made sense to me.

Jake Bauer
04-25-10, 15:14
Wow, In that case.. hello MOE grip.

PdxMotoxer
04-25-10, 17:49
I've had midway's "MagPul MOE Illumination Mounting Kit" in my
wishlist and even saved in my favs and I've watched 2 Date Expected In-Stock's get changed to later dates.

Last was 4/21/10 and the night of 4/21 i signed on to find........
Date Expected In-Stock: 5/10/2010

I did go ahead and order the new 5 slot moe rail and it was shipped
and in my hands 4 days later.

tirod
04-25-10, 19:03
Midway has the MOE+ in OD with an expected ship date of

9/15/2010.

.45fmjoe
04-25-10, 19:37
Ah, double.

.45fmjoe
04-25-10, 19:38
I was just doing a little research on when the MOE Plus grip will be released. Midway says they should have them on the 26th (tomorrow), but I found online posts going back to December 2008 talking about the Plus grip and how it was soon to be released. Why is it taking so long? I guess I shouldn't really expect them to be in stock at midway tomorrow.

The mold suffered some kind of catastrophic failure in 2008, and it has not been given a high priority. Hopefully late this year it will be released.

CoryCop25
04-25-10, 19:49
I've had midway's "MagPul MOE Illumination Mounting Kit" in my
wishlist and even saved in my favs and I've watched 2 Date Expected In-Stock's get changed to later dates.

Last was 4/21/10 and the night of 4/21 i signed on to find........
Date Expected In-Stock: 5/10/2010

I did go ahead and order the new 5 slot moe rail and it was shipped
and in my hands 4 days later.

This is normal practice for Midway. Back after the election, I tried to follow availability of LPKs and the date would change at midnight.

Belmont31R
04-25-10, 20:05
Magpul is notoriously slow in getting new products out.

The UBR was YEARS in getting it out the door as a production item, and only in the last few months are they actually regularly in stock in multiple colors.

I love most of their products but I don't even think about getting excited over a new product until they are shipping. I try to forget about them until then.

Feldgrun
12-03-10, 13:08
I'm not sure what the difference is between the regular Magpul MOE Grip and the MOE Grip Plus. Any vender seems to have an "image not available" listed next to the description. I'm guessing that they are not out yet...

Palmguy
12-03-10, 13:10
I'm not sure what the difference is between the regular Magpul MOE Grip and the MOE Grip Plus. Any vender seems to have an "image not available" listed next to the description. I'm guessing that they are not out yet...

The Plus has a rubber overmold (as opposed to the hard plastic of the regular MOE/MIAD grips).

Correct...not out yet. Not holding my breath.

Fire_Medic
12-03-10, 13:14
Not holding my breath but I once had the opportunity to hold one that was given to a friend for T&E and once it is released I don't want anything else for any of my rifles. Think of a marriage between the Ergo grip feel and the shape of the MOE. Perfect for me in my opinion for sunny south florida and the heat. My only gripe with the MOE is it gets slippery when your hands are wet.
:smile:

outrider627
12-03-10, 14:09
Not holding my breath but I once had the opportunity to hold one that was given to a friend for T&E and once it is released I don't want anything else for any of my rifles. Think of a marriage between the Ergo grip feel and the shape of the MOE. Perfect for me in my opinion for sunny south florida and the heat. My only gripe with the MOE is it gets slippery when your hands are wet.
:smile:

I've held a MOE+ too and it felt like the perfect grip. Until it gets released, I've made my own ghetto rigged MIAD+. I took a bicycle innertube, cut it and wrapped it around the MIAD. Luckily I did it for free since I was able to take an old innertube from work. Easiest 5 minute mod ever.

Dionysusigma
12-13-10, 22:56
I liked my inelegant solution. (http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip) :sarcastic:

Korgs130
12-28-10, 17:26
I've held a MOE+ too and it felt like the perfect grip. Until it gets released, I've made my own ghetto rigged MIAD+. I took a bicycle innertube, cut it and wrapped it around the MIAD. Luckily I did it for free since I was able to take an old innertube from work. Easiest 5 minute mod ever.

Any pictures?

trinydex
09-11-11, 01:19
Have any of these shipped??

Dozer
09-11-11, 10:36
MOE+ and MOE-K Grips Now Available (http://www.magpul.com/moe-grips-now-available.html#commentsAnchor)

ZoomByU
09-23-11, 14:32
Do they accept the same storage cores as the MIAD?

Dozer
09-23-11, 14:38
Do they accept the same storage cores as the MIAD?

Yes they do.

skullworks
10-13-11, 07:21
Have any of these shipped??
Mine shipped from Brownells yesterday.

Icculus
05-09-12, 11:48
Figured I'd bump instead of starting a new thread. These have been out a while now; anybody have any comments on these after long term use/abuse? Is the rubber overmold holding up? Anyone managed to crack or break one yet or is it just as durable as the original?

ETA: just noticed this thread was in the industry forum instead of AR General. Oh well.

skullworks
05-09-12, 12:01
Since they only started shipping in October, your definition of "long term use" may not apply. I have no complaints, but then mine haven't been that heavily used (or abused) yet.

I wonder if they will release a MOE-K+? :jester: (I'd bite!)

Brahmzy
05-09-12, 16:48
Mine have held up great. Only complaint (a big one) is that they're too dang small. Wish they did a MIAD-fat backstrap sized one, with a K angle.

matemike
05-09-12, 17:03
It feels a little big to me, but I was using a hugue grip prior.

I had one of those firing pin/bolt holder inserts brake and fall out while plinking around in brush country. but that is not MOE+ specific.