PDA

View Full Version : 6920 and a CTR...

djegators
04-25-10, 22:48
...will I need to replace the receiver extension, or will the CTR install on the Colt one?

Don Robison
04-25-10, 22:50
The mil spec size CTR will fit.

DaBears_85
04-25-10, 23:08
The mil spec size CTR will fit.

What he said. Just make sure you get the mil spec one and not the commercial spec. I'd order it directly from magpul to avoid any mix ups.

opmike
04-26-10, 11:57
What he said. Just make sure you get the mil spec one and not the commercial spec. I'd order it directly from magpul to avoid any mix ups.

Or any other reputable dealer.

DaBears_85
04-26-10, 16:09
Or any other reputable dealer.

No, only magpul.

Byron
04-26-10, 16:27
No, only magpul.

Huh. I've gotta say: I find the advice to be a bit odd. Ordering directly from Magpul will usually take longer and cost slightly more. In all the countless times I've ordered stocks from places like Bravo, G&R, or Rainier, I've never received the wrong version of a stock. They've also always sent me stocks in Magpul original packaging which clearly indicates the stock type.

emt370
04-26-10, 17:22
+1. This is no different than any other item that is stocked by different sizes or colors. Go with a quality retailer and you will be fine.

DaBears_85
04-26-10, 21:12
Huh. I've gotta say: I find the advice to be a bit odd. Ordering directly from Magpul will usually take longer and cost slightly more. In all the countless times I've ordered stocks from places like Bravo, G&R, or Rainier, I've never received the wrong version of a stock. They've also always sent me stocks in Magpul original packaging which clearly indicates the stock type.

I was being facetious, sorry. It doesn't translate very well on message boards. You're right though, a place like bravo co. would be a good place to start. I ordered mine through a reputable distributor and ended up getting a comm spec stock in mil spec packaging. I've heard of others having the same thing happen as well. So I figured if I had to do it again I'd just go through magpul. Looking back on it however, it was a freak occurance that rarely happens so... there you go.