PDA

View Full Version : My Lai on PBS

montanadave
04-25-10, 23:45
For those that might be interested, PBS is planning on airing a 90 minute documentary on the events surrounding what is commonly referred to as the My Lai Massacre on the program American Experience Monday evening (April 26).

kry226
04-26-10, 05:36
Well, that ought to be a non-biased, equitable assessment of the event. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the head's up in any case.

montanadave
04-26-10, 07:30
My post was informational only. I have not seen the My Lai segment so I can neither endorse nor condemn the content.

However, I might leave you with a quotation from Herbert Spencer:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

rdc0000
04-26-10, 08:10
I retract my former statement as I thought it would be a hippie hanging of the US Army.

It was to my surprise objective. You can watch it online at http://video.pbs.org/video/1475790127/

GermanSynergy
04-26-10, 08:16
Thanks for the heads up, MontanaDave. I'll check it out.

kry226
04-26-10, 11:26
My post was informational only. I have not seen the My Lai segment so I can neither endorse nor condemn the content.

However, I might leave you with a quotation from Herbert Spencer:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

I understand your post and wasn't trying to be belittling. Sorry if you took it that way. I also understand your quote and agree with it here in this context. However, PBS is notorious for liberal slant, and my point was that too many people take things at face value. They gobble up everything Fox News, CNN, PBS and (God forbid) MSNBC has to say and leave it at that, without any concern for the context of the story.

It comes down to getting into the habit of asking, "What's the rest of the story?"

Again, thanks for the head's up.

Colo.TJ
04-27-10, 09:24
Watched it. Very sad on many levels.