PDA

View Full Version : Chicago gun ban works as predicted

bubabootie
04-26-10, 05:29
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/26/lawmakers-military-quell-chicago-violence/?test=latestnews

As we can see, banning firearms in the city of chicago has reduced violence and murders to near nothing. Oh no wait, i have that backwards.

I really like how the democratic law makers are saying that since their national guard is half way around the world fighting an illegal war, they can't properly police their citizens. Marshall law anyone?

perna
04-26-10, 05:42
I bet Obama would have made some change there if he was involved, oh wait.

Jabroni
04-26-10, 07:39
I grew up in IL and I ain't EVER goin' back. Between high taxation and crap gun laws....no way. I got out and I'm staying out.

I do wonder if this spike in homicides will play a role in the current gun ban case, McDonald v. Chicago.

04-26-10, 09:06
I grew up in IL and I ain't EVER goin' back. Between high taxation and crap gun laws....no way. I got out and I'm staying out.

I do wonder if this spike in homicides will play a role in the current gun ban case, McDonald v. Chicago.

I feel the same way about my home state of California.

R/Tdrvr
04-26-10, 10:52
I'm just waiting for some Democrap lawmaker from there to come out and say they need even MORE gun control, and that the SCOTUS needs to rule in Chicago's favor. :rolleyes:

Bulldog7972
04-26-10, 11:16
These so called legislators are the same people that have jumped on the band wagon and hammered the Chicago Police Department for years. The same legislators that have fought tooth and nail against arming us with the latest and most modern (by our standards) weaponry. The same legislators who will jump in front of a news camera at almost every police involved shooting and cry racism and howl about the excessive use of force by the police even when they do not have ANY facts. These are the same legislators who are part of the evil cabal that have denied the citizens the right to self defense in accordance with the 2nd Amendment while at the same time allowed Daley to downsize the Police Department so that we are now short two thousand Officers at a minimum. The legislators are part of an evil democraptic cabal that supports and maintains probably the most corrupt and inefficient "criminal justice system" that rountinely releases careeer criminals back into the streets after serving a minute portion of their sentences. These are the same legislators who have treated the Chicago Police Department with disdain, indifference, contempt while at the same time have asked them to go into the worst neighborhoods this city has to offer and solve the very same problems that these legislators have helped create. In short, they suck and are full of bovine excrement. I hate them with a passion you cannot even begin to imagine.
Having said all that, keep in mind that the vast majority if not all of these shootings have occurred in gang infested areas on the south and west sides of Chicago. It very rarely impacts the rest of the law abiding middle class tax payers in the rest of the city. The downtown and entertainment areas for the most part, are safe.

jaybird210
04-26-10, 11:56
Or you can have your "elected officials" call for the National Guard:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/04/state-reps-want-to-fight-violence-with-national-guards-help.html

Two state representatives called on Gov. Pat Quinn Sunday to deploy the Illinois National Guard to safeguard Chicago's streets.

Chicago Democrats John Fritchey and LaShawn Ford said they want Quinn, Mayor Richard Daley and Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis to allow guardsmen to patrol streets and help quell violence. Weis said he did not support the idea because the military and police operate under different rules.

"Is this a drastic call to action? Of course it is," Fritchey said. "Is it warranted when we are losing residents to gun violence at such an alarming rate? Without question. We are not talking about rolling tanks down the street or having armed guards on each corner."

What he envisions, Fritchey said, is a "heightened presence on the streets," particularly on the roughly 9 percent of city blocks where most of the city's violent crimes occur. Kinda like what bulldog said above.

Weis previously identified those "hot spots" and said he plans to create a 100-person team made up of selected and volunteer police personnel to respond to crime there. If guardsmen were to assist police, they could comprise or contribute to that force, Fritchey said.

So far this year, 113 people have been killed across Chicago, the same number of U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the same period, Fritchey said.

"As we speak, National Guard members are working side-by-side with our troops to fight a war halfway around the world," Fritchey said. "The unfortunate reality is that we have another war that is just as deadly taking place right in our backyard." While the National Guard has been deployed in other states to prevent violence related to specific events and protests, the Chicago legislators said they are unaware of guardsmen being deployed to assist with general urban unrest.

Weis countered that the only scenario in which the National Guard would be helpful is in the situation of a tornado, earthquake or flood. If the military were brought in to help with city violence, they wouldn't answer to police command -- creating a "major disconnect" in mission and strategy.

Alluding to the 1970 Kent State University incident where the National Guard was called in and protestors and students were shot, Weis said having guardsmen handle crime could be "disastrous." But he said if the Daley suggested it, he would consider the option.

"I'm open to anything that reduces violence. But I have concerns when you mix law enforcement and the military," Weis said.

But Fritchey and Ford said prompt action is needed because summer is right around the corner and with the warm weather comes an increase in violence.

Fritchey and Ford serve two different constituencies, representing the North Side and the West Side respectively. "One half of this city views this as a part of daily life," Fritchey said. "Another part of the city doesn't care because it doesn't affect them." Yet the lawmakers said they are coming together because gun violence should be a priority to all Chicagoans.

"No help is too much help" Ford said. "This is not just about the murders. It's about the crime. It's about people being stabbed, robbed and in the hospital on life support."

Fritchey said he spoke to representatives from Quinn's office about deploying guardsmen and they "seemed open to the idea." The lawmakers had yet to speak to Weis or the mayor's office.

"I don't anticipate the governor implementing it over the objection of the mayor," Fritchey said.

"I hope this doesn't become a territorial issue. I hope this doesn't become an ego issue. This isn't about public relations or politics. This is about reclaiming our communities." News Flash: Your community is already lost. It was lost when the women "learned" it was okay to have mulitple children with different fathers. It was lost when those absent, dead-beat fathers "learned" they didn't have any responsibility for the children they fathered. It was lost when those children didn't work hard in school and instead looked up to gang-bangers and drug dealers because they had gobs of money. It was lost when the precinct workers blew in to tell you how to vote so their cronies could keep their jobs.

graffex
04-26-10, 12:01
They get what they deserve in Chicago...

Belmont31R
04-26-10, 12:46
The next Detroit.

Also proves liberalism doesn't work. People like Obama pushed his ideology into these people, and now they are just shy of total anarchy. What has any of them got these people living in these metro ghettos. Drugs, crimes, broken families, and no future unless they GTFO and never look back.

All these black leaders pushing black marxism in their churches, community organizers like Obama pushing democrats and leftist ideology, the people voting the way they are told to by these people who now have an entitlement mentality bred into them because they are told they cannot succeed because the 'white man' is keeping them down, etc. Its just getting worse, and worse. What does a young black kid have to look up to? Some sports figure? The rappers? Decades of this attitude have culminated in a sub-society where young black kids are led to believe sports and rap are the only way out, and actual successful black people are uncle toms and race traitors.

Contrary to popular belief the biggest slave traders were always fellow black people enslaving each other, and that is no different today. These Jeremiah Wright and Obama types are just the modern slave traders keeping their people in poverty and the ghetto.

Safetyhit
04-26-10, 13:52
What does a young black kid have to look up to? Some sports figure? The rappers?

Well, how about being the next black President, sort of like like the current one?

Of course I completely agree with you overall, but a black President should have some real effect on the societal mindset among blacks today (if there weren't already enough reasons to do so). The days of being able to whine about what a slighted group they are should be gone forever. If they continue to remain, it will be at their future peril because no one except self-loathing liberals will be listening.

At least I sure hope so, anyhow. Not sure anything would surprise me these days, though.

Grayling14
04-26-10, 14:45
It makes one wonder what the elected officials are thinking. Empirical evidence, and statistics, have shown that instituting stricter gun laws actually increases violent crime, including gun related crimes; Washington D.C. and the U.K. being two that readily come to mind. My first reaction is to think, “what a bunch of fools”, but the opposite is probably closer to the truth. The politicians may very well know exactly what they are doing; calculating the effect that each piece of legislation will have. So, what is the ulterior motive? What is the end game? Could it be that intentionally creating a crisis through legislation provides opportunity to pass even more restrictive legislation under the pretense of providing safety and protection?

markdh720
04-26-10, 15:10
There goes tourism and property values! I'm typing this while waiting at the doctor's office so forgive me as I am rushing.

What would the Guard be able to do that the police can't besides move around with better equipment? Will they perform traffic and terry stops? it's a band-aid solution which is typical politician reasoning, but they never think deeper. Why not fully staff the PD for the 1st time in years and manage it better. By the time the guard learns the neighborhoods and the intricacies of the gangs and their violence, it will be time for them to move on. What happens when the guard leaves? The savages come back out to tear shit up. In fact, they can brag that they and their boys are so gangsta that they had to call in the army. The guard is making neighborhoods safer in the middle east? Yeah, so why do they and contractors still have to ride heavily armed, in squads and in convoys? This ain't the middle east, folks. This is not a declared disaster or war zone. I'm not knocking the Guard. They do good work. I have friends in it and still consider joing myself, but they are not the right tool for this job.

How about we start by being honest with the citizens and telling them it's their fault, not the police's, that their neighborhoods are shit.

As for cun control, the systems in place do not work and I would support a lift of the ban on guns in the city. Unfortunately, most of you never comment on how hard the transition would be. Realize that for a few years, there will be a rough break in period that will involve violence and breaking of habits by citizens, police, and the courts. For lack of time and a better simile, it would be like giving a small boy an expensive remote control car. At first, he won't know what he's doing with it and shit's going to break. He might even let his similarly inexperienced friends play with it. You will get mad and maybe scold him, ut you gave it to him so you have to bear with him. Eventually, if it hasn't been destroyed completely, he will figure it out and use it the right way.

Belmont31R
04-26-10, 15:11
Well, how about being the next black President, sort of like like the current one?

Of course I completely agree with you overall, but a black President should have some real effect on the societal mindset among blacks today (if there weren't already enough reasons to do so). The days of being able to whine about what a slighted group they are should be gone forever. If they continue to remain, it will be at their future peril because no one except self-loathing liberals will be listening.

At least I sure hope so, anyhow. Not sure anything would surprise me these days, though.

Obama is half white, was raised by rich white people, went to prep school, ivy league colleges, etc.

And he is not the 1st president with black blood. There is considerable evidence several former presidents including Thomas Jefferson had black blood in his family line, and even fathered several kids with the slaves on his estate.

It just sounds better for the left to claim Obama to be the 1st, and completely ignore the fact he is half white, and was raised by his rich white grandparents.

NinjaMedic
04-26-10, 15:25
I cant see this thread lasting long . . .

Safetyhit
04-26-10, 16:17
It just sounds better for the left to claim Obama to be the 1st, and completely ignore the fact he is half white, and was raised by his rich white grandparents.

You are stating that blacks are becoming enslaved by their own demigods, and I largely agree.

However half or full black, he is far more black that any other President in history. Should we resort to basic aesthetics, other than slightly light skin his appearance is also noticeably black. His upbringing was a very substantial benefit no doubt, yet regardless the overall standard has been set.

Sure, the majority of role models out there are negligible and I have likely also bitched about it many times here before. Personally, I think society needs to stop producing gangster rap for it's own benefit. Find a way, get it done.

But we can still find plenty of examples of others who have achieved. How about Richard Steele as another example? Or will we just argue that he was a counter to Obama?

Caeser25
04-26-10, 16:32
This isn't about public relations or politics. This is about reclaiming our communities." News Flash: Your community is already lost. It was lost when the women "learned" it was okay to have mulitple children with different fathers. It was lost when those absent, dead-beat fathers "learned" they didn't have any responsibility for the children they fathered. It was lost when those children didn't work hard in school and instead looked up to gang-bangers and drug dealers because they had gobs of money. It was lost when the precinct workers blew in to tell you how to vote so their cronies could keep their jobs.

This sounds very familiar, but I can't pinpoint where else it has happened, maybe it was Detroit or Cleveland or Youngstown or Philadelphia, or maybe it's Los Angeles....hmm...:rolleyes:

-gary
04-26-10, 16:42
Do they really need help to "quell violence"? Maybe it's just my faulty perception but all I see is crime and criminals, not the type of violence that they seem to be portraying. It's not Iraq where there are marauding bands of RPG wielding insurgents and suicide bombers. Not yet anyway. I think the better solution would be to let the no bullshit military court system take over and police the criminals already in the system instead of roaming the streets looking for this so called violence.

Of course I don't really advocate either of those, but desperate times call for desperate politicians or something like that. Maybe the citizens could just throw out the worthless filth that is their aldermen and mayor and take control. Sadly, I fear that will never happen.

Belmont31R
04-26-10, 16:51
You are stating that blacks are becoming enslaved by their own demigods, and I largely agree.

However half or full black, he is far more black that any other President in history. Should we resort to basic aesthetics, other than slightly light skin his appearance is also noticeably black. His upbringing was a very substantial benefit no doubt, yet regardless the overall standard has been set.

Sure, the majority of role models out there are negligible and I have likely also bitched about it many times here before. Personally, I think society needs to stop producing gangster rap for it's own benefit. Find a way, get it done.

But we can still find plenty of examples of others who have achieved. How about Richard Steele as another example? Or will we just argue that he was a counter to Obama?

No I said in my 1st post "other" successful blacks are viewed as uncle toms or race traitors. Rarely are there successful blacks who are not looked at in this manor who are either not sports stars, celebrities, or rappers. Its just what the black community has instilled this in kids, and deemed acceptable. Even black kids with somewhat wealthy parents dress, and act just like the kids in the ghetto. Thats whats looked up to in the vast majority of the black community.

Do you think Steele would be welcomed in a primarily black ghetto? No. He is a race traitor and uncle tom.

Belmont31R
04-26-10, 16:52
Do they really need help to "quell violence"? Maybe it's just my faulty perception but all I see is crime and criminals, not the type of violence that they seem to be portraying. It's not Iraq where there are marauding bands of RPG wielding insurgents and suicide bombers. Not yet anyway. I think the better solution would be to let the no bullshit military court system take over and police the criminals already in the system instead of roaming the streets looking for this so called violence.

Of course I don't really advocate either of those, but desperate times call for desperate politicians or something like that. Maybe the citizens could just throw out the worthless filth that is their aldermen and mayor and take control. Sadly, I fear that will never happen.

If they had belt feds and RPG's they would be using them. No doubt about it.

bkb0000
04-26-10, 17:20
GDs... all the splinter factions are battling it out for turf. trying to subdue it is just gonna make the war last longer. give regular citizens the ability to protect themselves, and stick to reactive policing- cleaning up the bodies of Gangster Disciples.

there is no other solution.

Safetyhit
04-26-10, 17:29
Do you think Steele would be welcomed in a primarily black ghetto? No. He is a race traitor and uncle tom.

To the hardcore dysfunctional he is, perhaps sadly even the black majority in a misguided sense. But still to many he is not, therefore we have a foundation on which to build if we cultivate it.

Yet again, I really agree with you overall. But to simply overlook a serving black President as irrelevant and the head of the GOP as a deemed uncle Tom is not telling the full story.

dmanflynn
04-26-10, 17:43
You want to cure the hood rat problem? Drive two convoys into each "hood". One filled with weapons of all kinds the other with ammunition. Block off all exits and entrances and let them kill each other. When they run out of ammo, send more in till the end up eliminating most of each other. Castrate the survivors and bam. You've made a significant contribution to society

RogerinTPA
04-26-10, 17:46
GDs... all the splinter factions are battling it out for turf. trying to subdue it is just gonna make the war last longer. give regular citizens the ability to protect themselves, and stick to reactive policing- cleaning up the bodies of Gangster Disciples.

there is no other solution.

How about proactive and aggressive police patrols (foot, horse, and vehicular)? Saturate the areas with city, county, and state LEOs. Conduct shake downs and curfews for the affected areas. Treat the areas like A-stan or like any other insurgency. Get to know the people, and get them to tell you who the bad guys are, where they live and where they operate (intel gathering and exploitation of the intel gathered). Have IL become a "shall issue" state.

LMT42
04-26-10, 17:56
I'd like to know who's getting killed in this "9%" area, where crime is so rampant. If it's gang members killing gang members, I don't really see a problem.

dmanflynn
04-26-10, 18:44
I'd like to know who's getting killed in this "9%" area, where crime is so rampant. If it's gang members killing gang members, I don't really see a problem.

The thing is, is that you have ignorant no good trash parents that have children in these neighborhoods and they get killed/paralyzed in the crossfire.... That eats me up to no end to hear of some girl or 10 year old gets shot in some hood by a bunch of hood rat ****s playing gangster. And quite frankly it all starts with the parents, but I digress

Belmont31R
04-26-10, 20:52

The problem here is unless you do something the problem keeps going, and expands into other areas.

A lot of gang members are really 14-18 years old. They should be out trying to get with girls, and having fun not trying to shoot each other.

If it was just adults, and killing each other would be the end of it...yeah let em duke it out. We really havent done much as a society to stop this crap, and now kids look up to the gangster/rap shit as their role models instead of the stuff we did as kids.

-gary
04-26-10, 21:04
If they had belt feds and RPG's they would be using them. No doubt about it.

Can't they just go to any gun show and pick those up? :D

markdh720
04-26-10, 21:47

The majority of "victims" aren't the saints that their grade-school photos on the news would have you believe. More often than not, the "victim" was associated with a gang if not a member. They put themselves in shady situations and I don't have a problem with that either.

On the other hand, there was a shooting just before Christmas. A POS father with a target on his back (gang related, of course) drives onto one of your typical ghetto blocks, presumably to buy drugs. Turns out to be an ambush. When the guy gets back in his car, two guys come out and shoot into the car with a shotgun. the guy is hit but lives. His 12 year-old son's head is blown off. Can a 12 year-old be a POS? Yes, I've seen it, but this might have just been your average teenager....with a shitty father.

That kid represents, probably, 10% of the forecasted 500 homicide victims this year that are the true victims and don't deserve what they get.

I'd love the "let them kill each other" scenario to happen. Unfortunately, this is the real world.

Irish
06-22-10, 10:02
One Chicago weekend = 52 shot, 8 dead. Way out of control!!!
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/52-shot-8-dead-and-mayor-daley-still-resists-self-defense-96832609.html

Fifty-two people shot, eight of them fatally in a single Chicago weekend, yet Mayor Richard Daley appears poised to go down screaming in his opposition to the Second Amendment Foundation's lawsuit to overturn his city's handgun ban.

The U.S. Supreme Court could rule any day on the case of McDonald v. City of Chicago, filed by SAF, the Illinois State Rifle Association and four Chicago residents. That ruling will likely strike down the handgun ban, thus opening the door to legal self-defense by Windy City residents.

"Chicago has become a slaughterhouse," said SAF Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb, "where defenseless victims are terrorized by armed thugs who have taken full advantage of an unarmed populace. Daley and his predecessors who perpetuated this ban are wading knee-deep in the blood of hundreds of crime victims who should have had the means to defend themselves.

"Year after year the statistics have piled up," he continued, "yet Mayor Daley has stubbornly defended the city's ban. While he has luxuriated at his vacation home with the safety of armed bodyguards, the bodies of Chicago crime victims have stacked up like cordwood.

"Within days," Gottlieb observed, "we should have a ruling from the Supreme Court that puts an end to this insanity, and gives the citizens of Chicago back their right to defend themselves. Daley thinks his constituents should be content to call 911 and wait for help to arrive while they're being shot, stabbed, raped, robbed or beaten. Those crimes happen fast, and when seconds count, Chicago police are minutes away.

"We took Daley to court because we trust his citizens more than he does with their self-defense rights," Gottlieb concluded. "Chicago residents have endured the terror of public disarmament for almost three decades, and all they have to show for it is a body count. Mayor Daley should be ashamed."

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, the Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

Jer
06-22-10, 12:52
How many innocent people need to be killed before they realize they're idiots? My guess is all of them.

bkb0000
06-22-10, 18:59
i have done zero research on this particular 52 shootings, so i'm speaking in general terms... but i seriously doubt most of those are anything close to "innocent." the Gangster Disciples have been warring it out in the streets of since a crackdown a couple years ago that brought down their upper ranks... all the individual GD cells have been battling it out for control since. they thought chopping off GD's head would make the body die- all it did was escalate the violence a hundred fold.

those stupid ****s cant get anything right in that city.