PDA

View Full Version : Go Bag

Buman
04-26-10, 10:11
Just wondering what you guys/gals have in your go-bags. I'm not talking about the SHTF bag but the one you take when you travel long distances or go out in the wilderness hunting/fishing etc. Also what type of bag are you using?

Right now I have a basic Army issue 3 day assult pack. Inside I have the basics from a CLS bag I aquired. Includes IV kit, bandages and splinit material. 2 spare mags for P220 .45. About 25 ft 550 cord. Dental Floss, chem lights, one MRE chicken with noodles, and poncho liner.

I'm just wondering how that looks to everyone and also what I may be missing. Also where are you buying most of your supplies at because most of mine is stuff I've aquired while being in the Army. Just for info I live in Arizona so I most travel in a desert environment that is why I have no wet weather gear in my bag.

tpd223
04-26-10, 22:03
With a minimal search you'll find there are several lengthy threads on this subject.

Buman
04-26-10, 22:49
Yep starting to find them now. Thanks

fixer
04-27-10, 04:05
i keep a GHB in the truck all the time. that's basically a change of clothes, snacks, water, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, spare mags, AA powered LED light, spare batteries, spare socks, TP, gold bond, watch cap, hammock, and more stuff that i can't remember right at the moment. this is in a cheapie civilian daypack, nothing as large as a "3 day", but it basically stays in the truck.

for hiking/fishing, etc. i take one of my Camelbaks. either a HAWG or a Mule. i just got the Mule so i'm still working on setting that up... but the HAWG has rifle mags, pistol mags, FAK, Windmill lighter, fire steel, small folding knife, other firestarter stuff, 550 cord, mini fishing kit, AA powered LED light, spare batteries, Otis rifle/pistol cleaning kit, sewing kit, contractor grade trash bag, knit watch cap, "Buff", shemagh, Emergen-C electrolyte replacement, Katadyn Scout water filter and more stuff that i can't remember at the moment. this pack gets taken all over. some of the goodies inside are ORANGE.

jackets get picked for the conditions expected for whatever time period. in cooler weather or on the rare occasions i'm expecting rain i'll have something appropriate i n the truck. there's usually a M65 field jacket, leather work gloves and other misc stuff in the truck.

also in the desert, so that has an affect on gear packed. always working on refining the selection of gear packed, so sometime i should do an inventory.

Glock17JHP
04-30-10, 13:33
Day pack with: (2) 20 oz. bottles Gatorade, (2) cans nutrition drink (= 1 meal each), (4) 20 oz. bottles water, first-aid kit, rain pancho, Glock field knife W/ root saw, etc.

Fanny pack: meds, Victorinox 'Champion' pocket-knife, BIC lighter, Surefire G2 w/'spares' carrier (lamp and 6 batteries), pepper spray, etc.

Also have a Cold Steel Stainless head 'City Stick'.

This is all for short distance travel if necessary. I have this all with me everywhere I go... most of it is in the car, some on my person.

Buman
05-01-10, 21:50
Thanks for input guys definately made me realize some basic stuff I forgot. Spare batteries and the like. Some of the cool gagets I carry would be useless after a while without that.

Flight-ER-Doc
05-02-10, 09:12
Our SHTF/BoB's are in the vehicle all the time, we don't do anything much different if we're traveling.

Here is what is in the truck, various component kits, etc

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30808148

PA PATRIOT
05-02-10, 11:57
Just remember that the temperature inside a vehicle during the summer or winter will reduce the life of food rations, battery's and will have a affect on many other items. Inspect your gear weekly and replace accordingly.