PDA

View Full Version : FL - Homeowner shoots 1 out of 2 burglars.

Irish
04-26-10, 13:04
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=130425

Thonotosassa, Florida - The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is investigating a home invasion and a burglary attempt at a Hazen Avenue home in Thonotosassa.

Photo Gallery: Homeowner shoots burglar in Hillsborough

Investigators say a man was sleeping in a back bedroom when he heard two suspects in a different bedroom. He armed himself with a semi-automatic weapon and confronted the suspects. He says a physical confrontation started when one of the suspects waved a clothes iron at him. The man felt threatened and shot that suspect several times. The other suspect took off and is still on the loose.

Deputies have not released the name of the injured suspect. But they do say he has a warrant out for his arrest. He was taken to Tampa General Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.

Sgt. Scott Bell of the Hillborough County Sheriff's office, says they are still investigating the incident. But it's unlikely that the man living in the home will face any charges. "You have every right to protect yourself and your property on your own property. If somebody comes at you with a threat on your property you have every right to defend yourself."

No word yet on what the suspects were trying to steal.

JonnyVain
04-26-10, 16:02
"Several times"

Good.

MarshallDodge
04-26-10, 17:58
I will add don't bring an iron to a gunfight to my list of "how not to get shot and end up in critical condition" list.

Irish
04-26-10, 18:02
I will add don't bring an iron to a gunfight to my list of "how not to get shot and end up in critical condition" list.

Niiiiiiiice! ;)

Paraclete comes
04-26-10, 18:11
i like his style i hope he used an m4!

Semper Paratus
04-26-10, 18:17
Despite what the hopolophobes would say this was a good result. Would only have been better if it was good guy 2 badguys 0 instead of good guy 1-badguys 0. Too bad we are paying for the wounded bad guy's medical care....Maybe he is covered by the Obama plan as injured in the workplace. Maybe Obama can bring OSHA in and fine the homeowner for creating a hazardous workplace;);)

Paraclete comes
04-26-10, 19:39
could not agree more my friend!:D