PDA

View Full Version : Favorable opinion of ambi charging handle?

obucina
04-26-10, 13:53
Hi guys,

As I am one of those rit-ards who is left handed, I was pondering Armament Dynamics' ambi charging handle. I know that the current and proper technique is to cycle with the support hand, being left handed I end up pulling the handle at an angle. Is the AD handle something that I should be looking at or are is there a better built option?

Thanks
joseph

So, far, the short list for parts is the MIAD, BCM bolt group, and maybe the ambi handle... :)

DeputyMend
04-26-10, 16:34
I would like some opinions on this too. I know most people are going to say that the BCM Gunfighter is the solution, but is doesnt really solve the problem, just makes it less of a problem.

UVvis
04-26-10, 16:57
Support hand might be the technically correct way to do it, however, it doesn't work with some optics, I've punched myself in the face by slipping off the changing handle.

I've used the Armament Dynamics one a little. It is pretty close in size to the standard charging handles. If it was extended, it would be way cooler as the forward assist is in the way a bit. I wasn't that impressed overall, and much prefer an extended handle and just using my left hand to operate the charging handle.

obucina
04-26-10, 18:57
should i hoard my dead president baseball cards and wait for the Troy handle?

Left Sig
04-26-10, 22:55
I've got the Badger ordinance ambi CH on two carbines. Works fine for me. I like it because it works like a regular charging handle just with a release lever on both sides.

PdxMotoxer
04-27-10, 00:07
My vote is savin the baseball cards.

I'm holding out for the new 2010 Troy ambi line
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/PdxMotoXer/TroyAmbi.jpg

I am thinking of going with the magpul B.A.D.
But Troy's ambi mag release looks like it's going to go with a BAD lever
a little bit better than the ultra close fitting Norgon mag-release.

militarymoron
04-27-10, 09:30
i'm a lefty, and the armament dynamics CH is the best ambi one i've used so far.