PDA

View Full Version : KAC SR-15 Possible Problem?

uastudent12
04-26-10, 15:29
Just picked up a new SR-15, and when I took it apart for the first time I noticed something I'd never seen in an AR before. On the inside wall of the receiver, on the same side as the ejection port and on the same end as the chamber there were all these light grey colored splotches, in stark contrast to the uniform finish of the rest of the receiver. I tried picking at it and cleaning it but it wouldn't come off. Is this anything to worry about?

Kilo 1-1
04-26-10, 15:36
This has been covered numerous times, it's just dry lubricant inside the upper...nothing to worry about.

Shoot the hell out of the rifle and enjoy it. ;)

uastudent12
04-26-10, 15:41
Thanks for the help Kilo, I appreciate the quick answer. And I'll definitely take your advice ;)

mtdawg169
04-26-10, 15:59
Mine had the same sort of splotchy appearance on the inside of the upper receiver. Never showed any additional wear with use. I'm not sure if it was lubricant or an uneven anodizing, but its not a problem and I've seen it in other brands as well. Its good to go, so don't sweat it.

eternal24k
04-26-10, 16:12
dry moly lube, it's a good thing ;)

Quib
04-26-10, 17:34
See post #9........

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?1613-FAQ-s-BASIC-INSPECTIONS-AND-PROCEDURES