PDA

View Full Version : I thought he didn't like guns

Gombey
04-27-10, 13:00
I was reading the paper from home today and I came across a story about NY's fine mayor. He likes to visit the island as often as he can. He owns an estate there......and he travels with an two armed cops!!! Are you kiddin me?!?!?!?!?!

Here is the link to the story from the Royal Gazette:

The Royal Gazette (http://www.royalgazette.com/rg/Article/article.jsp?articleId=7da4da730030008&sectionId=60)

And from the Times:

New York?s Mayor, but Bermuda Shares Custody - NYTimes.com (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/26/nyregion/26bermuda.html)

The mayor also takes along a police detail when he travels, flying two officers on his private plane and paying as much as $400 a night to put them up at a hotel near his house; the city pays their wages while they are there, as it does whether Mr. Bloomberg is New York or not. Guns are largely forbidden in Bermuda — even most police officers do not use them — but the mayor’s guards have special permission to carry weapons. A spokesman for the Police Department declined to comment.

GermanSynergy
04-27-10, 13:03
I'm sure he likes guns just fine- for his protection detail, cronies, etc.

He just doesn't want your average law abiding peon to be able to buy or own one......

bkb0000
04-27-10, 13:06
as i've said before, they're not anti-gun... they're anti-YOU.

gun control isn't about guns, it's about control. its about hitting you where it hurts. it's about spite.

doesn't ol' dianne feinstein pack a USPc in her purse? cant remember where i heard that.

ForTehNguyen
04-27-10, 13:07
fine for me, but not for thee

BVickery
04-27-10, 13:08
Hell, rumor had it dear Teddy carried a 1911.

Abraxas
04-27-10, 13:18
doesn't ol' dianne feinstein pack a USPc in her purse? cant remember where i heard that.
I have heard this as well. I wonder how someone could go about verifying this.

Irish
04-27-10, 13:21
The chosen few...

Irish
04-27-10, 13:27
I have heard this as well. I wonder how someone could go about verifying this.

It's true or at least it was at one time, Google this: dianne feinstein concealed carry permit.

Just like Sly Stallone, Rosie O'Donnell, etc. they believe they are the chosen few who have the right to defend themselves while the peon caste simply should go unarmed.

Alex V
04-27-10, 13:45
do as I say and not as I do... right?

dmanflynn
04-27-10, 17:20
They just hire people with guns because of all the "Potential right wing terrorists" out there:rolleyes: You know, anybody who's not a liberal, or who owns a gun, or is a veteran, or is against big government and not afraid to say it, or etc.... :rolleyes::mad:

Cagemonkey
04-27-10, 17:59
Typical elitist politician. Do as I say, not as I do.

glocktogo
04-27-10, 23:40
Typical elitist prick. Do as I say, not as I do.

Fixed it for ya! :)

dbrowne1
04-28-10, 07:05
Guns are largely forbidden in Bermuda — even most police officers do not use them — but the mayor’s guards have special permission to carry weapons. A spokesman for the Police Department declined to comment.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others ...

10MMGary
04-28-10, 11:17
as i've said before, they're not anti-gun... they're anti-YOU.

gun control isn't about guns, it's about control. its about hitting you where it hurts. it's about spite.

Winner winner chicken dinner, bingo dead on target!
(Diane Feinstein packs a what in her what? oh purse I need to start wearing my reading glasses, I was getting sick there for a moment.

d90king
04-28-10, 13:46
You guys are all dumb... Don't you know that his life is more valuable than yours?:rolleyes: