PDA

View Full Version : Glock announces substantial growth in 2010

Littlelebowski
04-28-10, 11:47
Before howling about "Glock Perfection" remember that this is put out by marketing types.

Article (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/glock-inc-announces-substantial-growth-in-fiscal-year-2010-92236239.html)

GLOCK, Inc. Announces Substantial Growth in Fiscal Year 2010

SMYRNA, Ga., April 27 /PRNewswire/ -- GLOCK, Inc. announced today that the company experienced record sales in the 2010 fiscal year (April 2009 – March 2010). While keeping their prices stable, GLOCK, Inc. has enjoyed not only growth in their earnings, but has also gained market share.

"GLOCK, Inc. is extremely pleased with the increase in both sales and market share for 2010 and has broken all previous sales records. These sales were strengthened by our newest generation in pistols, the GLOCK 22 Gen4 and the GLOCK 17 Gen4," explained Vice President Gary Fletcher. "The Gen4 technology has enhanced our product line with several new design features and we await the release of the GLOCK 23 Gen4 and GLOCK 19 Gen4 this summer. Additionally, GLOCK is expanding its operations here in the United States with manufacturing and exporting of our product made in the US. Our current orders are very strong and we expect to maintain this momentum throughout fiscal year 2011."
GLOCK, Inc. stays committed to producing the most reliable and durable products for more than 65% of Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement agencies in the United States. Being first to implement the new Gen4 platform has been an easy decision for a few agencies. The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office in Tampa, Florida, the Charleston Police Department in Charleston, West Virginia, the Kenosha Police Department in Kenosha, Wisconsin and the Madison County Sheriff's Office in Edwardsville, Illinois have enthusiastically adopted the new Gen4 pistol.
GLOCK, Inc. also strives to serve the expanding consumer market by providing safe, simple and fast products - giving our customers a customizable solution that provides the confidence necessary to succeed and survive in any situation.
Incorporated in 1985, GLOCK, Inc. is a leader in the manufacturing and distribution of semi-automatic pistols for the U.S. Law Enforcement, Commercial, Federal/Military and International markets. They employ 197 employees at their United States headquarters in Smyrna, GA.

M4arc
04-28-10, 11:53
I saw where Glock posted this on their Facebook page yesterday. Good news!

PLCedeno
04-28-10, 13:03
But i thought the M&P was going to put Glock out of business. This just doesn't make sense.

d90king
04-28-10, 13:22
I am actually surprised by the numbers if they are actually accurate. It appeared on the surface that the M&P was taking some sales away from Glock. I know several guys who have switched from Glocks to the M&P...

Who knows... I would assume its simply the expanding pistol market leading to more sales. I believe firearm sales in general are up across the board which would result in more sales for Glock.

javentre
04-28-10, 13:33
I know several guys who have switched from Glocks to the M&P...

I switched.

3P051
04-28-10, 13:33
Finally addressing the .40 issues they were having with the gen 3's gave them a bump in their LE contract sales. Lots of agencies appear to be satisfied that the issues are corrected on the gen 4's.

Trajan
04-28-10, 15:41
Does anyone in the US Military use Glocks?

If I am reading this right, are US Glocks going to be made in the USA now?

VA_Dinger
04-28-10, 16:50
Congratulations to Glock. It's nice to see such a great company doing so well in a crowded marketplace.

skyugo
04-28-10, 23:43
good deal.. they make a fine product and deserve the success.

epf
04-29-10, 06:33
Quite a few sub-units in SOCOM use glocks. I have seen more than one ODA with G19 in Iraq. There are a few "other" units in SOCOM that also use glocks.

The guys that use glocks seem to be happy with them.

Moose-Knuckle
04-29-10, 08:07
Well one time at band camp... ;)

BTT, congrats to GLOCK! I'm sure they owe a lot of their sales to none other than Mr. Obama. I find it amusing every time another manufacture comes out with a striker fired polymer pistol all the gun rags and most forums jump on the band wangon and announce the gun to dethrown GLOCK. IMO the other guy's are all still playing catch up.

C4IGrant
04-29-10, 08:17
I doubt that is CAG. Looks more like a regular ODA team, plus the guy is drinking a Monster drink. :)

I have seen a few ODA guys with glocks in 40.

Intreresting on ODA running Glock's. Had not heard that one before.

C4

uwe1
04-29-10, 09:37
In that picture, looks like the Glock is sitting in a SERPA.

CAVDOC
04-29-10, 10:21
Having deployed myself to both Iraq and A-stan, many regular army guys end up with glocks too- it is NOT any kind of official issue thing, but it is felt if you are training/advising a local PD or mil unit to use/carry the same gun as they do. For that reason alot of the ETT/PMT's that work/worked in Iraq and Afghanistan are carrying Glock 19's. It seems the glock 19's are a commonly issued pistol for police agencies in both countries.