PDA

View Full Version : Century Arms hate...(not Olympic)

rychencop
04-28-10, 11:53
here's the buffer from my buddies oly. we were training in the shoot house yesterday and he was having all sorts of malfunctions. i broke it down and pieces of plastic fell out of the buffer tube. * i stand corrected...it is a CIA rifle with Oly. lower.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8434/img0309gb.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1782/img0316z.jpg

scottd907
04-28-10, 12:04
Is it part of the buffer or buffer tube? Hmm did the gun work better after removing it?

Only problem I ever had with my oly was it didn't like wolf ammo. I think it was a combo of stock mags and no feed ramps.

rychencop
04-28-10, 12:06
the buffer obviously cracked and the plastic bumper on the end broke which was causing his rifle not feed or eject. i had an extra buffer so he's gtg now.

scottd907
04-28-10, 12:18
the buffer obviously cracked and the plastic bumper on the end broke which was causing his rifle not feed or eject. i had an extra buffer so he's gtg now.

Well yeah without having to break down my buffer, it sure is obvious that this peice shown is the core to the buffer. But for those who don't know.

How Many rounds do you think he put through it? Every part of the rifle is expected to fail sooner or later.

rychencop
04-28-10, 12:21
yea...he bought the rifle from his friend a few years back. he estimated it might have 2000 rounds through it. the entire rifle is a rattle trap, but this failure certainly opened his eyes since he carries it on duty.

scottd907
04-28-10, 13:10
yea...he bought the rifle from his friend a few years back. he estimated it might have 2000 rounds through it. the entire rifle is a rattle trap, but this failure certainly opened his eyes since he carries it on duty.

Ok wow... I'd be calling olympics arms up.

CaptainDooley
04-28-10, 14:12
Ok wow... I'd be calling olympics arms up.

I wouldn't. If this is a duty rifle I'd offload it on TOS and buy something quality.

scottd907
04-28-10, 14:22
I wouldn't. If this is a duty rifle I'd offload it on TOS and buy something quality.

Or that lol sorry I don't know much about how duty weapons are paid for or who's responsible for duty weapons that fails.

Are they required to carry OA rifles? This was my first choice for a starting rifle. I didn't think a officer would carry it, depend on it with his life.

CaptainDooley
04-28-10, 14:29
Some departments issue and others allow officers to carry personally owned weapons from an approved list. Rychencop stated that his buddy had bought the rifle from a friend, so that's why I suggested he sell it.