PDA

View Full Version : Glock Armorer's Course

PLCedeno
04-28-10, 15:29
Taking the June 8 course in Connecticut. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Also what written materials does one usually get to keep.

Wayne Dobbs
04-28-10, 15:35
PL,

It's a day of learning the gun's operation and how to detail strip, trouble shoot, properly maintain and reassemble it. You'll get an armorer's tool and course manual to keep and likely some Glock swag of one sort or another. They usually cater in lunch for the class, too.

Wayne

PLCedeno
04-28-10, 15:59
So it isnt anything more than most of us already know how to do?

Wayne Dobbs
04-28-10, 16:24
Possibly so, but there are likely a couple of things that haven't been covered with you. In addition you learn the "secret handshake" (LOL) that let's you buy parts from the factory.

deuce9166
04-28-10, 20:36
I agree with the above posted and I came away with an appreciation of how simple and easy Glocks are to maintain.

MSP "Sarge"
04-28-10, 21:21
If you don't mind me asking what is the price to attend the class?

madisonsfinest
04-28-10, 21:38
Awesome, I have the class July 1

SWATcop556
04-28-10, 21:41
If you don't mind me asking what is the price to attend the class?

Last time I recertified it was $150. It's a good class and helps build on your knowledge base.

Race
04-28-10, 23:05
Is there a way for a non-LE and non-gun-dealer to attend an armorer's class? Being in GA, it would be very convenient for me.

SarcoBlaster
04-28-10, 23:28
Is there a way for a non-LE and non-gun-dealer to attend an armorer's class? Being in GA, it would be very convenient for me.
Glock Shooting Sport Foundation (GSSF) members can attend as well.

Race
04-29-10, 22:08
Glock Shooting Sport Foundation (GSSF) members can attend as well.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

PLCedeno
04-30-10, 15:32
I find it difficult to understand how it could take 8 hours to teach take down and maintenance. I never figured out how to replace the take down spring but then again i never needed to do it. Same with the channel liner. Still i dont see those things taking so long. Still i'm enamored with the idea of being able to order parts direct afterwards.

ST911
04-30-10, 17:01
I find it difficult to understand how it could take 8 hours to teach take down and maintenance. I never figured out how to replace the take down spring but then again i never needed to do it. Same with the channel liner. Still i dont see those things taking so long. Still i'm enamored with the idea of being able to order parts direct afterwards.

Believe it or not, not everyone that attends the AC is a gun guy (or gal), or even wants to be there. There are also some real meat heads that tinker on agency guns, and have no idea what they don't know.

deuce9166
04-30-10, 19:19

There is also history about the gun and other trivia type info, which I found interesting the FIRST time I went. Remember they also have to work around the slowest person in class.

Robb Jensen
04-30-10, 21:23

It really doesn't take 8 hrs more like an hour or two. It's eight hours because there is typically 1-5 guys in the class who've never taken the gun down further than field stripping.