PDA

View Full Version : Troy Dioptic back up irons

camoman
04-28-10, 16:36
Looking for some kick a** back up irons to complete my AR... Anyone have any thoughts on Troy diamond aperture backup irons?

sewvacman
04-28-10, 18:59
I just got one in yesterday. Someone traded me for a regular troy rr.
I have not used it yet but I already like it better than the regular round aperature. Having the white lines on the aperature appears as though it would help with faster sight alignment. I'll put it through it's paces and probably switch out all the round hole models with the DOA.

Rated21R
04-28-10, 19:35
Ordered some, they are sitting at home waiting for me. There have a been one or two reviews up here. Hopefully they work out.

01tundra
04-29-10, 08:33
I have both the standard and Di-Optic tritium rear folders and the H&K and M4 style tritium front folders.

My preference is 110% with the Di-Optic rear and H&K front, I noticed an improvement with round placement using this combo. It's also easier for me to get on target quicker and stay on.

camoman
04-29-10, 10:03
Good to hear. I think that is the way I'm gonna go. Thanks for the feedback.

wintermute
04-30-10, 13:42
What I'm curious about with these is if they clutter the site picture (when up or fixed, obviously) more than the round aperture sights when running lower 1/3 cowitness with holosight. Anyone have any experience?

orionz06
04-30-10, 16:28
What I'm curious about with these is if they clutter the site picture (when up or fixed, obviously) more than the round aperture sights when running lower 1/3 cowitness with holosight. Anyone have any experience?

they clutter it a little, but nothing that was too bothersome, I was able to get over it quickly.

as far as the sights go, I felt they were much faster up to 25 yards, but beyond 25, for me, they were slower and I had a harder time over 100 yards for sure. I traded sewvacman and since then enjoy the standard troy's much more. I will say that they are worth a shot though, perhaps a higher round count with them would have had me more convinced.