PDA

View Full Version : Question about DD RIS II and EZ CAR Rails

uniform64
04-29-10, 01:15
On the M4 RIS II, what is the purpose of the first screw on the very front side of the rail? I know the others are for attaching the bottom rail and one for the 203.

On the EZ CAR what do the set screws do?

Thanks

snaf
04-29-10, 01:29
the screw on the front side of the rail is a spare for the rail according to the instructions i got from my mk18 rail

pezboy
04-29-10, 06:39
On the M4 RIS II, what is the purpose of the first screw on the very front side of the rail? I know the others are for attaching the bottom rail and one for the 203.

On the EZ CAR what do the set screws do?

Thanks

The set screws on the EZ CAR push the rail forward to help keep it from moving. This is because there are slight dimensional differences between different rifles. The KAC RAS has a screw that pulls it down towards the barrel to do the same thing.
Trying to choose between a RIS II and EZ CAR?
Dustin

uniform64
04-29-10, 14:21
The set screws on the EZ CAR push the rail forward to help keep it from moving. This is because there are slight dimensional differences between different rifles. The KAC RAS has a screw that pulls it down towards the barrel to do the same thing.
Trying to choose between a RIS II and EZ CAR?
Dustin

Yes Sir. Narrowed it down between RIS II/RIS II FSP or Troy MRF CX. Not sure about troy. The DD FSP looks more robust.

the EZ CAR, I'm thinking about if I don't go with the FF.

Thanks for the response.