PDA

View Full Version : A string of Car Breakins last night

mcclainm
04-29-10, 09:21
So yeah, last night six cars in my neighborhood were broken into. Needless to say, mine was one of them or I wouldn't be posting this. They got a pair of Costa Del Mar sunglasses and my XD 9 that I use as a concealed carry. Now before you jump my shit about leaving firearms in the car, I normally don't. I was on a date, and we changed our minds from cooking dinner at her place to going out. In SC you can't carry in a place that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises. That goes from Moe's Southwest fastfood, all the way up to a dive bar at 6am. Alcohol + CCW = nogo even if you're not consuming. Well I took her home and had placed my firearm in the center console while we were at dinner. Forgot about it. Come outside today to find my door cracked, when I know I locked it. Now I'm kinda worried about them coming back to the house, because if there's one in the car, there's ten in the house. I rechecked my safe anchoring this morning and bolts/jammed every window and door in the house. Lessen learned I guess.

I don't care so much about the cash and value, that's what insurance is for. It's the fact there's another weapon out there against our brothers in blue (my best friend included). Be safe out there guys, these scumbags will never cease.

Cascades236
04-29-10, 13:14
Cool story

ForTehNguyen
04-29-10, 13:16
report the serial if you can, you may get the gun back someday. Seen stories where guns come back after being found

BBsound
04-29-10, 13:19
You may want to relay that story to your local legislators. That is part of the reason we got that law overturned in VA.

bullseye
04-29-10, 14:50
beleive it or not,, i had a browning hi-power stolen in 1995, and the JPD found it in an abandoned car last summer. they traced the serial # to me, called me to come pick it up. the amazing thing is,, it still looks like it just came out of a box,, mint shape. naturally i was tickled to get it back. there's always hope.

orionz06
04-29-10, 16:57
I had a firearm stolen from a vehicle. Got it back in 2 months.

mcclainm
04-29-10, 19:05
I passed on the Serial number and photos already. I've been using this program called gunsafe to track everything. I just not thrilled that it's out there on the streets. But here's to hoping.

RogerinTPA
04-29-10, 19:49
I passed on the Serial number and photos already. I've been using this program called gunsafe to track everything. I just not thrilled that it's out there on the streets. But here's to hoping.

Sorry to hear that, and hope it isn't used against someone.

Here in FL, the State's web site has a stolen firearm registry you can sign on to, so it's in the data base for all PDs once it's found.

Cameron
04-29-10, 19:52
You did nothing wrong, the prick that stole your shit is the only one that made bad decisions here.

This type of thing is what insurance is for.

Cameron