PDA

View Full Version : WV - Man dares homeowner to shoot him, he does.

Irish
04-29-10, 13:01
http://www.wvmetronews.com/index.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=36760

A "justified shooting" is how State Police described an incident in Lincoln County Tuesday evening.

Forty-four year old Thomas Perry suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach from a .22 caliber rifle as he attempted to break into a home in the community of Atenville.

"When we talked to all the witnesses and the person who shot him, Thomas Perry was the aggressor in this incident," said Senior Trooper L.T. Goldie Jr.

Neighbors tell police Perry had attempted to break into several homes in the area. Homeowners had repeatedly ordered him to leave. He's also accused of trying to start a fight with three employees of Armstrong Cable who were nearby working on the cable lines.

"They said he was acting crazy like he was on something," said Goldie. "I can't confirm that he was intoxicated or impaired by drugs or alcohol, but they said he was acting crazy."

When Perry tried to get into the home of Jeffrey Lambert he was told to leave or he would be shot.

"Perry had pretty much dared him to shoot him and said he was coming in anyway," Goldie explained. "In that residence specifically was four small children of Mr. Lambert. He said he felt threatened for his safety and his children's safety, so he fired the shot."

Lambert suffered crippling injuries in a motorcycle accident a year ago and tells State Police a gun was the only way to defend himself and his family.

Perry was struck in the gut by a single shot and is recovering in Cabell Huntington Hospital in stable condition. When he's released he'll face charges of assault and trespassing. No charges will be filed against Lambert.

Rob Haught
04-29-10, 13:07
I love West "By God" Virginia!

"He needed Killing" is still pretty much an affirmative defense here.

mtneer13
04-29-10, 20:17
that's why we live here...i love my rights and i will protect my family as well...

rob, my wife's family is from up in your neck of the woods...

ZDL
04-30-10, 08:04

mtneer13
04-30-10, 20:27
wv is almost heaven...

LHS
04-30-10, 20:37
WV is a place I never hear anything come out of. Like they are keeping a big secret about how great it is. :confused:

The first rule of West Virginia is: You do not talk about West Virginia. :D

Renegade3745
04-30-10, 21:17
This...this is just beyond funny. :D

WV just got added to my "Might move to" list.

ZDL
05-01-10, 00:22

CarlosDJackal
05-01-10, 00:49
That homeowner screwed up. He should have put the slug right between that Darwinism candidate's eyes. :p

scjbash
05-01-10, 02:52

Come on out. And there's not half a million illegals here either. :D

Grayling14
05-01-10, 03:33
Instead of a shot to the gut Mr. Lambert should have given Mr. Perry a double-tap to the melon.

mtneer13
05-01-10, 09:37
Come on out. And there's not half a million illegals here either. :D

only illegals here are working to build the next wal mart or working at the latest authentic mexican restaurant that pops up...i always want to yell "INS" and see what happens...:D

SeriousStudent
05-01-10, 15:26
""Perry had pretty much dared him to shoot him and said he was coming in anyway," Goldie explained."

Then he really doesn't have anything to bitch about, does he?

Pumpkinheaver
05-02-10, 21:59
The only problem I have with this story is that it's too bad he didn't put one between the running lights!!!

markdh720
05-03-10, 02:37

I'm on your page. The wife and I have been getting our lives in order and are considering buying land somewhere for retirement. WV keeps coming up because neither of us has ever heard a bad thing about it. At least it's an easy winner against IL for spending "the peaceful years".

scjbash
05-03-10, 03:52
I'm on your page. The wife and I have been getting our lives in order and are considering buying land somewhere for retirement. WV keeps coming up because neither of us has ever heard a bad thing about it. At least it's an easy winner against IL for spending "the peaceful years".

WV is a great place to retire to. The job situation isn't fantastic here, but once someone is retired and doesn't have that to worry about pretty much everything else is perfect. It's beautiful, there's very little crime outside of the cities, the people couldn't be nicer, the cost of living is low, and most importantly we live free. Montani Semper Liberi is more than a motto here, it's our way of life.

doughnut
05-03-10, 08:07
I guess he literally asked for it.

montanadave
05-03-10, 08:25
I always thought Missouri was the "Show Me" state.

RogerinTPA
05-03-10, 08:41
I love West "By God" Virginia!

"He needed Killing" is still pretty much an affirmative defense here.

Classic!:p