PDA

View Full Version : U.N. Elects Iran to Commission on Women's Rights

Honu
04-29-10, 17:58
just one more validation that we should get out of the UN and its a worthless organization anymore

story here
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/29/elects-iran-commission-womens-rights/

NEW YORK — Without fanfare, the United Nations this week elected Iran to its Commission on the Status of Women, handing a four-year seat on the influential human rights body to a theocratic state in which stoning is enshrined in law and lashings are required for women judged "immodest."

Just days after Iran abandoned a high-profile bid for a seat on the U.N. Human Rights Council, it began a covert campaign to claim a seat on the Commission on the Status of Women, which is "dedicated exclusively to gender equality and advancement of women," according to its website.

Buried 2,000 words deep in a U.N. press release distributed Wednesday on the filling of "vacancies in subsidiary bodies," was the stark announcement: Iran, along with representatives from 10 other nations, was "elected by acclamation," meaning that no open vote was requested or required by any member states -- including the United States.

The U.S. currently holds one of the 45 seats on the body, though the position is set to expire in 2012.

rifleman2000
04-30-10, 07:19
Haha the UN sucks, but that is funny. If they put Michelle and Hillary in a burka, I support them! :D

metallic
04-30-10, 11:00
The UN continues to show just what a complete joke it is.

04-30-10, 12:02
U.N.=useless noise.

Mjolnir
04-30-10, 16:37
The UN was spawned as a tool to broker World Gov't. Period. That is ALL that is doing.

Many scoffed at those who tried in vain to disclose this until it crossed swords, pun intended, with the Bush Admins on Iraq and now Afghanistan.

BVickery
04-30-10, 16:44
As the saying goes:

You can't spell unethical without UN

steve-oh
04-30-10, 18:48
Just further evidence that the UN is irrelevant.

VooDoo6Actual
04-30-10, 20:50
Iran=Woman's rights

now there's a paradox/dichotomy/oxymoron

mattjmcd
04-30-10, 20:58
just one more validation that we should get out of the UN and its a worthless organization anymore

story here
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/29/elects-iran-commission-womens-rights/

NEW YORK — Without fanfare, the United Nations this week elected Iran to its Commission on the Status of Women, handing a four-year seat on the influential human rights body to a theocratic state in which stoning is enshrined in law and lashings are required for women judged "immodest."

Just days after Iran abandoned a high-profile bid for a seat on the U.N. Human Rights Council, it began a covert campaign to claim a seat on the Commission on the Status of Women, which is "dedicated exclusively to gender equality and advancement of women," according to its website.

Buried 2,000 words deep in a U.N. press release distributed Wednesday on the filling of "vacancies in subsidiary bodies," was the stark announcement: Iran, along with representatives from 10 other nations, was "elected by acclamation," meaning that no open vote was requested or required by any member states -- including the United States.

The U.S. currently holds one of the 45 seats on the body, though the position is set to expire in 2012.

...at which time our seat will be filled by... Sudan? Somalia?:(

Honu
05-01-10, 01:50
...at which time our seat will be filled by... Sudan? Somalia?:(

I think Somalia is going to get the commission on Maritime issues to patrol and make sure the waters are safe against pirates ! so must be Sudan that gets ours !
(joking of course) but then again ????

Grayling14
05-01-10, 04:08
Might as well elect the proverbial wolf to be the advocate for the sheep.

Dirk Williams
05-01-10, 09:56
This is kinda like taking your horse to a BBQ.

D Williams

Dragon Slayer
05-01-10, 11:30
The next one in line to be appointed to a UN commission for womens rights is Saudi Arabia. I am waiting to see what all the libtard feminist groups and Hollyweird trash is going to say about that.:(

I am waiting------ I am waiting---------I am waiting.:rolleyes: