PDA

View Full Version : Alessi Holster Quality?

madisonsfinest
04-29-10, 21:00
Well after reading through the handgun forum I found that a lot of people had positive things to say about Alessi Holsters. Based on those responses I bought a holster from them last month, a Talon Plus IWB holster. It looked pretty nice, but I had some concers about the plastic belt clip. I finally received my Glock 27 about a week ago, and the Alessi Holster had been waiting in my locker for it. After a week of using it the plastic clip broke! Man that pisses me off considering the holster costs about $80.00. I sent them an email bright and early in the morning yesterday, and I guess they haven't had the time to read it, or respond back to me yet. I'm going to reserve judgement on the company pending their response to my email. In my email I asked them to allow me to send my holster back to them, and send me back a similar model with belt loops instead of the plastic clip. I offered to pay the difference if the holster costs more. Anyone have any similar experiences with Alessi Holsters?

xray 99
04-29-10, 21:12
I have several first generation Alessi rigs made prior to Lou Alessi's death - all are top quality rigs. I have two second generation rigs and they seem just as well made.

Lou Alessi is to holsters as John M. Browning is to gun design.

SmokeJumper
04-30-10, 01:52
Alessi holsters are right up there in quality with Milt Sparks and 5Shot Leather. Give them a phone call and speak with Tom. Their number is on the website and they should tale of you with no problems.

skipper49
04-30-10, 11:37
I own or have owned several Alessi holsters, including the Talon. Unless they have changed the clip on the Talon, I'm saying your breakage was probably a fluke.

Skip

awm14hp
04-30-10, 13:14
Yeah contact them by phone they are down the road in Buffalo and I have used their stuff since I started to carry and my father has forever also. They make top of the line gear they will make it right

I have a model 17 and 22 Alessi Talon I have been using EDC for almost 10 years now and its beat but clip and rest of holster still look good they are worn but thats normal over 10 years

madisonsfinest
04-30-10, 13:41
Well I spoke with a gentleman on the phone today who seemed nice enough. He said they will ship it to get it back to me within the week as I would like it for a road trip. I'm going to give the same holster another shot, and if the clip brakes again then I will explore the loop option. Thanks for your responses.

Mike

DocGKR
05-01-10, 00:01
Alessi makes some fantastic holsters. For over a decade, I have carried 1911's and G19's using Milt Sparks Heritage #1 and Alessi DOJ holsters. Shortly after 9/11, we acquired Alessi AIWB holsters for our 1911's--these use Talon clips. In the past 10 years, no one here has broken one of the clips. As always, YMMV...

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/postimages/26468-AlessiAPX-IWB.jpg

Rinspeed
05-01-10, 05:39
I'm sure it was just a fluke that your clip broke. I've had my Talon Plus for six or seven years and the clips are very tough.

madisonsfinest
05-01-10, 08:45
Well I was using mine over a leather belt. I guess you are supposed to run them over the pant, under the belt so I will go that route when I get it back. Have any of you been running them over a belt without breaking the clip?

hank556
05-01-10, 10:22
I have an Alessi DOJ I bought through Richard Heinie and it is an excellent holster. You won't be disappointed.

Ned Christiansen
05-01-10, 10:38
I remember when the Talon came out, and I bought one. They were kind enough to send me an extra clip for testing, and I tested it to destruction. Now this wa a good long time ago but I remember bending it it radically before it broke.... I have two Talons and have not broken a clip outside of that testing, so I agree it must have been a fluke.

madisonsfinest
05-06-10, 19:11
Well their Customer Service lives up to their reputation! Shipped off on Friday, and I got it back today. Very happy with that :)

awm14hp
05-06-10, 20:33
thats good let us know I know for a fact I want to see how things go. Lou and Alessi as a whole were always good folks so I am interessted to hear if it was fluke clip or what. I have 6 Talons and 3 belt slides and also 3 ankle rigs all still going 100% so I am guessing you got a bumb clip but keep us up to date

Rinspeed
05-07-10, 05:54
If you wore it over the belt it's no wonder it broke. There's just not enough space in the clip to go over a belt.

madisonsfinest
05-07-10, 05:59
Well it says you can wear it with a belt. I had a leather belt that wasn't wide that I was wearing it with. If you must wear it under the belt I think they should say that to avoid any confusion and or any further breakage.

Rinspeed
05-07-10, 08:58
My belt is fairly thick so I guess that is the basis for my comment. I do know though that Lou told me the clip was designed to go under the belt. Great to hear they turned your holster right around and had it back to you.

madisonsfinest
05-07-10, 09:00
Of course I'm only going to wear it under the belt at this point

Rinspeed
05-07-10, 09:54
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Rinspeed/132.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Rinspeed/IMG_0113-1.jpg