PDA

View Full Version : which front sight is better?

kalibos
04-29-10, 22:17
between the LMT and DD rail mount front sights, which one is the better sight as far as quality and construction?

Stickman
04-29-10, 23:08
Better is a relative term, some people would say its the DD due to its lack of large knob hanging off the side. Others would say the LMT is better as its been out longer so its more proven.

Both are solid sights, neither should be a concern for a prospective buyer.

kalibos
04-29-10, 23:14
which one has a more solid mounting system?

Stickman
04-29-10, 23:21
which one has a more solid mounting system?

I've not put either in a machine to rip them apart. They are both well made. If you are in a situation where you need to worry that much about how solid the front sight is, I would strongly consider going with a pinned FSB.

kalibos
04-30-10, 05:40
ok, thanks. i didn't know if one was more likely to work itself lose over time while shooting but i guess i could always locktite it.

Dos Cylindros
04-30-10, 08:39
ok, thanks. i didn't know if one was more likely to work itself lose over time while shooting but i guess i could always locktite it.

The DD version has a heli coil insert to prevent loosening, that plus loc-tite should assure that it will never come lose unless you want it. The LMT attaches via a thumbscrew, and should be very easy to tighten by hand whenever you want.

kalibos
04-30-10, 09:50
thanks, i have never seen either one in person and don't have access to either since nobody around here stocks anything. all i knew was that the lmt had a thumbscrew but didn't know how the dd attached since they never show pics of the other side of the sight

eternal24k
04-30-10, 10:35
I have LMT sights sitting in my parts bin, they look good but hands down I prefer the DD sights (both front and rear) for the simple fact that I hate the big knobs on the LMT, especially for the rear.

Stickman
04-30-10, 11:00

You need to use a thread locker regardless of brand.

kalibos
04-30-10, 12:04
just ordered a set of DD buis so i guess i'll see how much i like them or not;)

kalibos
04-30-10, 12:07
Stickman, what kind of camera do you use to take pics with? they are amazing!

You need to use a thread locker regardless of brand.