PDA

View Full Version : Steer me towards a quality not so expensive upper.

ghostman1960
04-30-10, 06:09
I had a DSA mid length on top of my S&W lower for a bit and never shot it. After buying it I started reading not so good things about them so I got rid of it.

So now I have a lower in search of a upper. There are so many choices out there now that I am having a hard time deciding. You have Spikes, Stag Arms, CMMG, BCM and the list goes on and on.

What I am looking for is quality, a good price and good customer service.

Right now I am giving BCMs bare bones 14.5" M4 with a pinned FH a hard look. I have heard nothing but good about them and the price seems decent.

The only concern is customer service. I have tried to call them a couple of times to ask some questions about options and no one answers the phone. It rang forever and then I got a recording saying that everyone was in the back packing and shipping orders and to get a hold of them via Email.

That makes me a little nervous. Am I being overly concerned? Should I just pull the trigger and order one online? How are their shipping times?

Any input or advice will be greatly appreciated.

andy t
04-30-10, 07:15
No problem with ordering from them. Shipping is very fast too.
If you want to talk to someone, try Grant at GandRtactical.com. He answers emails very fast and also has excellent service and carries BCM uppers too.

vaglocker
04-30-10, 07:25
Order from BCM or G&R with confidence.

Ratfink
04-30-10, 07:59
i have a bcm upper its a fine upper but i like my spikes midlength better and its cheaper shoots just as well and they ansewer the phone everytime i call and respond to emails in about an hour at the most

ForTehNguyen
04-30-10, 08:00
BCM always was quick with emails within a couple hours

nar472
04-30-10, 11:52
Cant go wrong with BCM great company very happy with my upper and lower from them.

friendlyfireisnt
04-30-10, 14:13
Never any worries ordering from BCM, or with customer service from them. Once sent an email on a Sunday night, and got a response within 20 minutes or so from Paul. :D

Just made my first order from Grant, and so far, so good.

Can't argue with your choice of uppers either, BCM's reputation is well earned.

GunFighter98
04-30-10, 15:20
+1 for BCM. It is hard to beat the quality and price. If you want to spend a little more, then LMT is also good.

Cameron
04-30-10, 15:22
I have DD, LMT and Colt, but if I was buying another upper I would buy a BCM.

Cameron

BVickery
04-30-10, 16:54
I had a DSA mid length on top of my S&W lower for a bit and never shot it. After buying it I started reading not so good things about them so I got rid of it.

So now I have a lower in search of a upper. There are so many choices out there now that I am having a hard time deciding. You have Spikes, Stag Arms, CMMG, BCM and the list goes on and on.

What I am looking for is quality, a good price and good customer service.

Right now I am giving BCMs bare bones 14.5" M4 with a pinned FH a hard look. I have heard nothing but good about them and the price seems decent.

The only concern is customer service. I have tried to call them a couple of times to ask some questions about options and no one answers the phone. It rang forever and then I got a recording saying that everyone was in the back packing and shipping orders and to get a hold of them via Email.

That makes me a little nervous. Am I being overly concerned? Should I just pull the trigger and order one online? How are their shipping times?

Any input or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Having ordered from BCM on numerous times, your overly concerned. if you have quesitons, best bet is to email them. I have gotten emails from Paul and others at BCM at 9pm EST before as they answered VERY noobish questions I had.

shootist~
04-30-10, 17:06
I would go with a 16", mid length gas, not pinned FH. You only save a little over 1" net - after the required extra long FH on a 14.5" - and severely limit the ability to reconfigure in the future.

BudJr
04-30-10, 17:44
I would go with a 16", mid length gas, not pinned FH. You only save a little over 1" net - after the required extra long FH on a 14.5" - and severely limit the ability to reconfigure in the future.

True if your config includes the standard FSB. Otherwise, with a lo pro gas block you'd be good to go right?