PDA

View Full Version : troy battlemags

kalibos
04-30-10, 13:03
does anyone know when these are suppossed to be available and the quality of them?

http://store.troyind.com/Troy_BattleMag_3_pack_p/smag-3pk-00bt-00.htm

Stickman
04-30-10, 13:40
They were supposed to be in production while SHOT was going on. I'm not sure if they are in a testing phase still, or what happened with getting them out to people.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2010/01/20/troy-industries-new-polymer-magazine/

5pins
04-30-10, 17:08
Maybe they but it on the back burner. It’s not like the price of mags are high. You can get ARC mags for $9.95 right now. Remember how high they were last year when they came out? I think it was around $24 to $26.

ST911
04-30-10, 17:29
The unrelenting cynic in me asks, do we need a new polymer magazine? Why? What does this do that the leading others (Pmag, ARC) don't?

I then recall a drought of mags and a mag ban, and think that more options are never a bad thing.

I like Troy stuff. I wish to know more about this new item.

markm
04-30-10, 19:20
The unrelenting cynic in me asks, do we need a new polymer magazine? Why? What does this do that the leading others (Pmag, ARC) don't?

This mag is a "BATTLE" mag! :p I don't think all the other mags are "BATTLE" rated.

kalibos
04-30-10, 19:43
it's even got dragon scales!

sonrider657
04-30-10, 19:52
Hard to get excited about another plastic magazine.

ALCOAR
04-30-10, 20:07
This mag is a "BATTLE" mag! :p I don't think all the other mags are "BATTLE" rated.

LOL....i hear Pmags are "NUKE" rated:D

5pins
04-30-10, 20:17
LOL....i hear Pmags are "NUKE" rated:D

And USGI mags are skirmish rated.

CarlsonCustoms
04-30-10, 21:22
I just got setup to be a Troy dealer and I asked the same question and was told 2-3 months.

Zack

tirod
05-01-10, 07:59
Common question found on a lot of forums - "How soon, what is the result of a road test?"

Well, they still aren't for sale. SHOT releases the idea of a product to the shooting vendors, it doesn't mean thousands are waiting boxed to ship. Very few manufacturers are willing to take that kind of risk.

By announcing it at SHOT, they get a feel of what the market is looking for, and then prioritize their limited resources to make them. Magpul had already done that and had a list of what was available when this summer. They were about the only one. Troy is probably still working on it.

Once the stuff is on the market, THEN the road tests start. Not every new product is far enough in the development pipeline to hand out for testing, and a lot are still in prototype form.

If a tester hasn't got them, no review. Even if some did, take it with a grain of salt. The old school magazine writers share a reputation for heaping tons of praise on a product with little analysis except what bias they have.

If I was testing them, I would already be outraged they used the same old bulky, over sprung spiral wound mag spring that has been around for decades. It's a cheap excuse and causes problems.

markm
05-01-10, 08:34
And USGI mags are skirmish rated.

Thus, you really need some of each in your load out.