PDA

View Full Version : just purchased an LWRC lower.....

BadWolf88
04-30-10, 14:24
Hey guys, new here. Just purchased an lwrc lower at a decent price and figuring out what kind of upper i want. Pretty sure im gonna stick with an lwrc upper as well but always looking and reading and listening....I am not a brand loyalist, I firmly believe in buying value and quality. everything I heard about LWRC has been positive accept from 1 or 2 members here that seem to have a vendetta against them. my weapon will be used for pure rec and home defense. i am brand new not only to AR's but guns in general(bought my first pistol 3mnths ago). after playing paintball for 20+yrs I have decided Im to old to run around with a bunch of 16yr olds in the woods but love to shoot.

I am still entertaining uppers from pof, adams arms, and lmt. One thing I think I am sure about is going with a piston upper. looking forward to spending time here and getting ideas!

Magic_Salad0892
04-30-10, 16:42
In my honest opinion go with LWRCi. M6A3. Profile and caliber is your choice,

but if you got that kind of money to throw around. Then consider this.

Don't discount a rifle just because it isn't a piston gun, yes it's my preferred operating system, but there are TONS of good DI guns on the market, and IMO, not that many good piston guns.

Look at KAC, or Daniel Defence. And just consider them.

My honest recommendation though: LWRCi M6A3. :)

texag
04-30-10, 16:50
What advantages do you think you'll get by going with a piston upper?

BadWolf88
04-30-10, 19:04
Magic, thanks for the honesty, most people tell me either gas sux go for piston, or vice versa....I havnt ruled anything out yet, but....I have applied for an sbr stamp and everything I have read and heard points to a piston for a short barrel.

I know there are many quality di and not many quality piston, I am in no hurry cuz it will take another 3-4 months to get my stamp. I may just buy a cheap .22 upper to hold me over till i get the stamp.

any opinions on an adams arms piston, a local guy is a distributer of them and has an upper new for $599

BadWolf88
04-30-10, 19:06
What advantages do you think you'll get by going with a piston upper?

just a more modern system I guess, i know its cleaner, but I also know it has its own issues, but from what im seeing LWRC has addressed the carrier tilt issues other brands seem to be having.

Roneski
04-30-10, 21:46
I think that it really depends on if you can find someone that carries LWRC uppers at a decent price. The MSRP on their complete uppers is a little silly in my humble opinion.

You can find a Noveske N4 upper for way less if you want to go DI. If you're set on LWRC be patient and look around. I found my complete M6A3 for a little less than what they want for just the upper.

120mm
04-30-10, 22:01
just a more modern system I guess, i know its cleaner, but I also know it has its own issues, but from what im seeing LWRC has addressed the carrier tilt issues other brands seem to be having.

What do you see as "more modern" about the gas piston system?

Magic_Salad0892
05-01-10, 04:51
On the Adam Arms system?

I think it's good to go, I don't own one myself yet, but I've shot it a lot on other guns
without any issues.

BadWolf88
05-01-10, 06:26
What do you see as "more modern" about the gas piston system?

i guess that was poor wording, maybe slightly evolved?

120mm
05-01-10, 11:06
i guess that was poor wording, maybe slightly evolved?

Cool... Different strokes, and more EBRs are good.