PDA

View Full Version : Magpul rail sections?

SpookyPistolero
04-30-10, 20:03
Howdy folks-

Anyone know if the polymer rail sections sold by magpul will fit on a standard two-piece plastic handguard with the top vent holes? Just looking to mount a light up top and AFG on bottom.

Ridge_Runner_5
04-30-10, 22:17
Havent looked into it. Their VFG has a slat cut in it to fit the MOE handguards...

Have you looked at Midwest Industries rail pieces?

Dr.Doom
05-01-10, 17:12
I just purchased a RVG, and the rail section that came with it's holes do not line up to a stock m4 style handgaurd. But for 30 bucks I'm considering an MOE handgaurd now.

SpookyPistolero
05-01-10, 17:36
Yeah, whenever the midlength ones come out I'm gonna get some too.

Pumpkinheaver
05-02-10, 22:11
I just put 2 rails on my MOE handguards and the package states you can use their rail sections on standard handguards.

Sanpete
05-03-10, 09:27
They work on some, not all. The heatshielding is usually the determining factor, though.

kmrtnsn
05-03-10, 10:25
Check out the rails from Ergo.

Dr.Doom
05-03-10, 12:41
I just put 2 rails on my MOE handguards and the package states you can use their rail sections on standard handguards.

I read that also, but tried for some time to get it to work. I have the Stag arms handgaurds, and it did not work for me. I could probably break out a drill and drill holes for the rail that will line up, but for the price the moe handgaurd seems like a no brainer. I wont be getting any free float rails till atleast after I graduate. So in the meantime, moe!