PDA

View Full Version : MILLETT TRS 4-16 x 50

MAGFED308
05-09-07, 11:50
A RANGE TEST BY A CIVILIAN AND MY 2 CENTS FOR WHAT ITS WORTH

I WENT TO THE RENO GUN SHOW A FEW WEEKS AGO WITH THE INTENTION OF GETTING A NEW SCOPE FOR THE BOLT GUN , BUT I DECIDED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFERENT, AND BY DIFERENT I MEAN PRICE, BECAUSE NORMALLY I DON'T HESITATE TO DROP A $1000 OR MORE ON GLASS.

SO WHEN I WENT TO THE RENO GUN SHOW I RAN ACROSS A TABLE WITH 2 OF NEW MILLETT TRS 4 -16 X 50 SCOPES, SO I GOT THEM BOTH.

WELL FIRST OFF I'M NORMALLY USED TO A FIXED 10X OR ADJUSTABLE UP TO 10X. THIS SCOPE IS ADJUSTABLE UP TO 16X BUT AT THE 300 YARD RANGE I FOUND MYSELF TURNING DOWN THE POWER TO NO MORE THAN 12X AS MIRAGE WAS REALLY SCREWING WITH MY EYES.

I PERFORMED A COUPLE OF SIMPLE TEST TO SEE HOW THE TURRENTS DELT WITH REZEROING, I DID THE BOX DRILL WITH NO PROBLEMS, WELL NOT EXACTLY, I DIDN'T GET THE 5TH ROUND IN THE SAME HOLE AS THE FIRST SHOT BUT I CALLED IT AND IT WAS ABOUT A 1/4 INCH LEFT. AND THE OTHER TEST I DID WAS TO TURN THE TURRENTS 3 FULL TURNS IN BOTH DIRECTIONS AND BACK TO ZERO WITH NO PROBLEMS.

THE HIGHEST SETTING ON THE GREEN ILLUMINATED RETICLE WAS NOT VISABLE IN THE DAY LIGHT BUT WHO USES THAT FEATURE DURING DAY LIGHT ANYWAY, THE GLASS WAS NOT AS CLEAR AS SOME OF THE HIGHER PRICED OPTICS OUT THERE BUT FOR THE MONEY, PROBABLY THE BEST I'VE PEERED, THE LOCKING SYSTEM ON THE TURRENTS ARE A NEAT FEATURE AND SEEMED TO WORK WITHOUT A PROBLEM, AND I LIKED THE LARGE FOCUS KNOB ON THE LEFT SIDE, SO FOR MY PERSONNAL EVALUATION I BELIEVE THIS SCOPE IS WELL WORTH THE MONEY I SPENT ON IT.

(COULD NOT GIVE AN ACCURATE DURABILITY EVALUATION AS I TRIED TO AVOID DROPING , KICKING , THROWING , BEATING , ETC. MY RIFLE THIS WEEKEND, BUT I'M SURE IT WOULD PROBABLY DO FINE).

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u200/kwackerb279/Picture139-1.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u200/kwackerb279/Picture138-1.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u200/kwackerb279/Picture137.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u200/kwackerb279/Picture136.jpg

mike240
05-09-07, 12:36
Are you saying that these new Milletts have zero stops that Nightforce has (though they restrict that option to MIL/LEO purchases only and charge MIL/LEO 150 dollars for that option)?

MAGFED308
05-09-07, 12:40
YES THEY DO AND THEY'RE NOT AN OPTION, THERE COME STANDARD AND THERE THEY WORK QUITE WELL:D

C'yotecaller
08-12-07, 01:19
I have looked at one at a gun show as well and noticed that they are mil-dot. I was just wondering if the mil-dots are true at 10X, 16X or what?

DrMark
08-12-07, 06:54
What is the country of manufacture of this optic?

Robb Jensen
08-12-07, 08:31
What is the country of manufacture of this optic?

China.

DrMark
08-12-07, 20:04
China.
Thanks.

wild_wild_wes
06-24-12, 01:25
Well all that was five years ago :)

I'm interested in the same scope. Anyone else have feedback? If not this particular scope, what about Milletts in general?

m1a_scoutguy
06-24-12, 11:27
I have one myself & have had it for about 6 Months & it has been on my Rem 700 HVY BBL. It has been fine so far,,it is a 4x16x50 with Side Focus,,I goofed up and didn't spend the $$$ for the Mil-Dot reticle,,I have just the Heavy Duplex !! The glass is clear & it seems to track fine when I have needed to adjust and move stuff around,,I have only had the opportunity to shoot out to 200 yards with it ! I also have a Friend that has the same scope with the Mil-Dot Reticle & he has had it for 3 or 4 years and his has been a good scope,,& he shoots his Rem 700 alot & all has been fine !! Considering that alot of inexpensive scopes are made in China these days,,,,I think the Millets are a pretty good Scope for the $$$ & maybe even a bargain considering the price and the quality of the glass ! I would love to have the $$$ to afford a $1500/$2500 dollar scope,,but its not feasible for me unless I hit the Lotto,,,,,,,,,,,:D:D

redhooker
06-25-12, 22:20
I have the TRS1 mil/mil and all I can say is there is not a single thing I can think of to complain about considering I paid under $320. Adjustments are crisp, with tight clicks and zeroed easy for a novice like me. The eye relief is a bit picky at the highest power setting, but forces me to keep a consistent cheek weld. The glass is not on par with the nightforce I have played with, but works great for the targets I shoot at. The illumination "bleeds" inside around the edges of the tube, but only on settings above 4, which I never use anyway.

I will be spending some coin on a nicer piece of glass soon, but I have no intentions of getting rid of the Millett, for target shooting it has been a great value for what I paid.