PDA

View Full Version : Remington 700p deal?

Buckaroo
04-30-10, 23:11
I have a line on a 700p for $650 with rings and a trigger job.

Remington 700P chambered in 308 Winchester. It has a HS Precision stock, and a trigger job done down to 2 1/2 LBS. Leupold two piece base comes with rifle, and also includes the logbook that has been with the rifle.

I have been looking for a good deal on a rifle that can shoot 800+ yards (never done it but have the itch!).

Is this too good a deal to pass up or should I keep my hard earned cash?

Seems like a good base to start from for learning.

Buckaroo

AirmanAtwood
05-01-10, 01:36
I say go for it. Unless the trigger job is no good. Great price from what I've seen in the market for the 700P

Buckaroo
05-01-10, 17:40
Problem is that I will not be able to handle the rifle as it is about 4 hours away from me.

583 rounds through her says the owner.

Anyone else care to share an opinion?

Buckaroo

Spiffums
05-01-10, 19:15
Problem is that I will not be able to handle the rifle as it is about 4 hours away from me.

583 rounds through her says the owner.

Anyone else care to share an opinion?

Buckaroo

Can't make a road trip?

monteboy84
05-03-10, 15:17
That's a tough one. $650 is a good price, but what's hard is being that far away. Yeah, you could go and look at it, but now you're going to have at least another $100 in travel expenses, which makes it $750 or more, and that's not such a good deal. If it were me I'd have it shipped to my FFL and pay the shipping and transfer fee, that should be less than $50 for the two, which makes it still an OK deal.

On another note, I bought a used 700P .308 for $499 at a big box gun store less than a month ago. Not that it helps you, but it shows there are great deals out there, you just have to be patient. I already sold this gun as I didn't need it, but it was a great deal.

-matt

Buckaroo
05-03-10, 16:33
That's a tough one. $650 is a good price, but what's hard is being that far away. Yeah, you could go and look at it, but now you're going to have at least another $100 in travel expenses, which makes it $750 or more, and that's not such a good deal. If it were me I'd have it shipped to my FFL and pay the shipping and transfer fee, that should be less than $50 for the two, which makes it still an OK deal.

On another note, I bought a used 700P .308 for $499 at a big box gun store less than a month ago. Not that it helps you, but it shows there are great deals out there, you just have to be patient. I already sold this gun as I didn't need it, but it was a great deal.

-matt

Yea, I decided not to take the chance with it being so far away. I can wait for a closer deal and maybe one as good or better.

Thanks to everyone that posted for helping me decide.

Buckaroo

carbinero
05-05-10, 15:14
$500 for a local 700P is a needle in a haystack. $650 is a great price.

I would tell him it'll be $600 if it's exactly as described (to your satisfaction), and you'll drive 2 hours and meet somewhere halfway. Do whatever you need to feel comfortable: borescope if you have it, take the action out of the stock, whatever, and be ready to walk if it's not what you want.

If you haven't checked out a 700P in person and aren't sure that's the stock you want, consider buying any heavy barrelled 700, and put it in a quality stock. You could be into it for under $700 that way, too. Just know that the police line have a nicer parkerized finish, if that matters to you. Another interesting possibility is the stainless SPS-V offered exclusively at Cabela's. Slap it in a B&C light tactical or take-off HS stock for $200 and be happy.

Buckaroo
05-05-10, 16:29
$500 for a local 700P is a needle in a haystack. $650 is a great price.

I would tell him it'll be $600 if it's exactly as described (to your satisfaction), and you'll drive 2 hours and meet somewhere halfway. Do whatever you need to feel comfortable: borescope if you have it, take the action out of the stock, whatever, and be ready to walk if it's not what you want.

If you haven't checked out a 700P in person and aren't sure that's the stock you want, consider buying any heavy barrelled 700, and put it in a quality stock. You could be into it for under $700 that way, too. Just know that the police line have a nicer parkerized finish, if that matters to you. Another interesting possibility is the stainless SPS-V offered exclusively at Cabela's. Slap it in a B&C light tactical or take-off HS stock for $200 and be happy.

Thanks, I will keep this in mind.

Buckaroo