PDA

View Full Version : Hello from N. Ohio

BaldEagle323
05-01-10, 14:38
Just registered here, been on 1911forum for a while and I recently decided to get an AR later this year (got a little while to save for it). I plan on mainly lurking for a while...lots of info to absorb. I'm completely new to the AR platform so there's lots to learn yet. Currently, I'm leaning toward S&W's M&P15...but I'm willing to entertain something else. Thanks in advance for any contributions.

trappernana
05-01-10, 16:19
Hey! glad to see another Buckeye! I've been here I think a little over a year. Everyone is great! Profesional, curtious andgenerally pleasent to interact with.The amount of knowledge is staggering. I'm from Troy township,just east of LaDue Resiviour( sorry I can't spell for ..... Well ya know. Anyway, Take care of yourself and all those around you.:D:D:D:D

jose45
05-01-10, 16:42
Hey! glad to see another Buckeye! I've been here I think a little over a year. Everyone is great! Profesional, curtious andgenerally pleasent to interact with.The amount of knowledge is staggering. I'm from Troy township,just east of LaDue Resiviour( sorry I can't spell for ..... Well ya know. Anyway, Take care of yourself and all those around you.:D:D:D:D

Hello trapper,I'm from Middlefield,Oh.Right down the road from you.Lurkin and learning here for a while.Saving for my 1st Ar.Probably already have one but I can't quit buying handguns.It's definitely an addiction.Just wanted to say Howdy to a Homie.Spend a lot of time on OFCC forum.Check it out if you're a CHL guy.
http://ohioccwforums.org/index.php

Trajan
05-01-10, 17:12
I'm from NE Ohio. Good to see you here, there's a ton of information here.

C4IGrant
05-01-10, 20:16
Where are you at? We are in NE Ohio. Make sure to check out the regional training forum (as there is a lot of good, free training going on).

C4

luvmy40
05-01-10, 20:36
Hello from Youngstown!

Make sure you talk to Grant at G&R Tactical. Nothing against the M&P series rifles(they actually put a out model that has most of the features I wanted now) but Grant put a package together for me that gave me everything I was looking for with high end components and kept it in my budget.

14point5
05-01-10, 20:39
I'm in Portage county, Welcome!

arizonaranchman
05-02-10, 01:10
Welcome aboard. You'll learn all you could want to know and then some about these rifles right here. This will make it possible for you to make a top-notch choice on the rifle to fit your needs and you'll get it right the first time which will save you lots of money.

trappernana
05-02-10, 14:26
Hey Jose45 Right On!! I have the same addiction! You're exactly right,an AR is alot to cough up at once. I'm working on my second now and ,for me, It makes more sense to build. I figure this way I can get EXACTLY what I want.Anyway we practically live in Middlefeild!! Wallymart Yeah. Feel free to PM me,maybe we could set up a local shoot. Take care of yourself and all of your loved ones around you!!:D:D

jose45
05-02-10, 16:32
Hey Trapper,Where do you usually shoot? I usually go out to the ODNR range out rt88 past farmington.$25.00 a year is hard to beat.I've been leaning towards the Colt LE6940.Seems to have all the basics I need but is a little pricey.Figured for my first I'd buy a pkg. deal maybe try and build my second.

Do you follow any of the Gunrunner Auctions out of Burton? I've bought several handguns from them over the last coupla years. http://www.gunrunnerauctions.com/index.cfm?CFID=2486601&CFTOKEN=28104276

Here's a nice one I'd have jumped on if I had the cash. http://www.gunrunnerauctions.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=954733021. close enough that you can stop by and see any of the lots you're interested in.

Here's the latest one that set back my AR fund. http://www.gunrunnerauctions.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=955064864.Been wanting one of these since I sold my last one back inthe nineties.

trappernana
05-03-10, 12:02
I'm lucky enough to shoot right here on my property. We don't have a lot of acerage but we have enough to build a 25 meter and a 100 meter back stops. Your choice in carbine is awesome, you'll never regret that one!!!:D I'm very familiar with Rt.88, We pheasent hunt out that way. My daughter killed her first pheasent there.Do you hunt? Kids? We mostly purchase are firearms through a family friend who is a FFL Dealer. GREAT deals!!!!! Although we're so broke guns are way down on our list.;)