PDA

View Full Version : Rattle?

Truggy
05-01-10, 16:08
Just curious. I have a DD M4v2 and the is a little bit of light between the upper and lower along with some play left and right.. What is considered normal or within spec. Please keep in mind I am new to the AR platform. I tried using the search, however it must not like macs.

Also I read the cleaning sticky and for lubing the BCG, can you use the CLP? I know the lube thread talks about others. I just wanted to make sure I understood that part.

Thanks
John

DaBears_85
05-01-10, 16:17
Just curious. I have a DD M4v2 and the is a little bit of light between the upper and lower along with some play left and right.. What is considered normal or within spec. Please keep in mind I am new to the AR platform. I tried using the search, however it must not like macs.

Also I read the cleaning sticky and for lubing the BCG, can you use the CLP? I know the lube thread talks about others. I just wanted to make sure I understood that part.

Thanks
John

I would say that it's normal to have a little play between the upper and lower as all that's holding them together is two pins. My 6920 has a little play in it and every M4 I've ever held in the Army has as well.

You can use CLP to lube the BCG. The "L" in CLP stands for lubricate. Not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, just an FYI.

Truggy
05-01-10, 16:20
Thanks... I knew the L part :-) I just want to make sure I have a clear understanding thats all.

I figure it better to ask questions then screw up a nice rifle.

DaBears_85
05-01-10, 16:21
Thanks... I knew the L part :-) I just want to make sure I have a clear understanding thats all.

I figure it better to ask questions then screw up a nice rifle.

I understand completley, that's what this forum is for.