PDA

View Full Version : Kurts Kustom Firearms

Seth Harness
05-09-07, 20:58
I just heard about this company tonight, anybody have info ???

ST911
05-10-07, 10:14
Kurt has done several projects for me. Excellent work. He's a busy guy, and runs a little slow. I believe he's still a one-man shop. He does do expedited work for working guns.

Hawkeye
05-10-07, 10:16
Kurts been messing with AR's for quite some time. he is very good at what he does, but as mentioned, he is a one man operation so things can be slow sometimes.

VA_Dinger
05-10-07, 10:17
Kurt is a great guy.

I've had him thread barrels and pin FS's for me several times in the past.

Great service

Seth Harness
05-10-07, 20:33
I'll be in the market for another rifle soon and I like the look of his stuff.

John Hearne
05-14-07, 23:06
I had him flute a Colt HBAR for me. The work was excellent.

Robb Jensen
05-15-07, 04:44
I've used Kurt a few times, the last time being just after the Federal ban sunset.

He also makes a piston AR upper. There was some controversy with the Leitner-Wise system as it looks like a direct copy of Kurts design. Kurts is $395 as a conversion on your own upper and has a lifetime warranty.

Back then on a 16" HBAR Kurt would do a reprofile (to M4), repark, cut to 14.5" and perm. attach his A3 KKF TakBrake for $165. He was usually very busy and mine took about 3 months.

Kurts website is http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm

Hootbro
05-15-07, 20:33
Met Kurt at his shop about 5 years ago when I was in Florida on other matters. As stated, Kurt is a one man band with the occasional help from a son doing some monkey work. Kurt is a great guy and actually loves what he does. Sometimes he does get behind estimated completion times. He is a diabetic that at times goes down hard for a few weeks with no work getting done but he does make an honest effort to inform those he has current work with.

In short, if you want some of the best smith work to be had, then give him your business. If you are impatient or have a absolute deadline that has to be made, then look elsewhere.

Hootbro