PDA

View Full Version : Did early USP9's lack a manual safety?

Skyyr
05-02-10, 22:03
I was reviewing some images a few weeks back of USP 9's and I found several dated back to the late 90's where they were missing manual safety selectors. Was this common on early models?

I'd link a photo, but I can't seem to find it.

kmrtnsn
05-02-10, 22:08
Variant 7 would have lacked a safety.

DasBulk
05-02-10, 23:39
Sure. V7/DAO.
I wouldn't care too much for the V7 in the USP though.
I don't care too much for my USPs double action pull as it is.

Not so much common as a requested variant. Some offices, countries or organizations wanted, or could only use DAO.
HK made flavors to suit everyone.

kmrtnsn
05-02-10, 23:48
I have two LEMs and wouldn't have an HK any other way.

DasBulk
05-02-10, 23:55
I have two LEMs and wouldn't have an HK any other way.

If I ever got to try one with LEM and not just a V7 I might change my mind. I hear the LEM is great.
Right now though, I like my V1 USP45 and when I carry it, I carry condition one.

skyugo
05-03-10, 00:05
how long is the reset on a LEM trigger?

DasBulk
05-03-10, 00:10
how long is the reset on a LEM trigger?

kmrtsns would have to answer that for sure. But from what I've read, since I've never put finger to trigger of an LEM gun, its supposed to be alot shorter than stock.

kmrtnsn
05-03-10, 00:15
Significantly shorter than SIG's abominable DAK.

jwperry
05-03-10, 04:41
If it was from the late 90's, it would be pre-LEM and would be the DAO pistols Hk submitted for FBI testing...which failed and brought about the LEM.

The LEM reset is different for each pistol model; easy example being ToddG's remarks comparing the HK45's LEM reset to the P30's reset (http://pistol-training.com/archives/2741).

I've owned a few HK pistols(down to two now) and loathe the LEM. My dwarf sized sausage fingers have issues properly squeezing the trigger from its DA resting position and my equally dwarf sized brain keeps thinking "Glock trigger" and I allow the trigger to fully reset before squeezing again, which pretty much eliminates the advantages of the LEM trigger.