PDA

View Full Version : 5 Detroit officers shot

Buckaroo
05-03-10, 07:21
http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story/BREAKING-1-Officer-Killed-4-Others-Wounded/K3Oo0Rs_6k67iZI78ZspeA.cspx?hpt=T2

One Detroit Police officer has been shot to death and four others wounded this morning on Detroit's east side.

It happened just after 3:30 a.m. on Schoenherr south of Eight Mile Road. Police tell Action News officers were responding to a 9-1-1 breaking and entering call when someone inside the house opened fire. Neighbors say at least 16 shots were fired.

Police Chief Warren Evans confirmed that one police officer was killed. Mayor Dave Bing was at the hospital with Evans. Bing said word of the shootings was the worst news he's heard as mayor.

The deceased officer is said to be a 14-year veteran of the force. He leaves a wife and a 10-year-old son.

Four other officers were taken to St. John Hospital & Medical Center. They are in temporary serious condition. A suspect was also wounded and taken to the hospital; no word on his condition.

Chief Evans said all of the officers shot were patrol officers with the Eastern District.

Robb Jensen
05-03-10, 07:23
Godspeed to the slain officer, I pray that the other injured officers fully recover from their wounds.

graffex
05-03-10, 11:30
RIP to the fallen, and godspeed to the wounded.

Cascades236
05-03-10, 16:51
Would anybody miss Detroit if it just disappeared?

Godspeed warriors

kry226
05-03-10, 17:55
Putting it on the line everyday...Godspeed brother.

ryan
05-03-10, 18:08
My prayers go to that great man that gave all, the ones that are wounded, the family(ies) left to grieve, and all our LEO and .Mil heros for that matter.

USAFR
05-03-10, 18:37
is felt by us all.

Bubba FAL
05-04-10, 00:06
According to a report I heard on WJR-Detroit, LEOs believe this was an ambush. Once again, I am embarassed by my hometown. :mad:

Condolences to the family of the slain officer... best wishes for a speedy recovery to the wounded officers.

...and I hope the perp burns in Hell.

Buck
05-04-10, 00:25

Police Officer Brian Huff
Detroit Police Department
Michigan
End of Watch: Monday, May 3, 2010

Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 12 years
Badge Number: Not available

Incident Details
Cause of Death: Gunfire
Date of Incident: Monday, May 3, 2010
Weapon Used: Gun; Unknown type
Suspect Info: Shot and wounded

Officer Brian Huff was shot and killed at approximately 3:30 am after responding to a report of gunshots at a vacant home on Schoenherr Street.

Several officers had surrounded the home, which was known to be a drug house, in response to the initial 911 call. When Officer Huff, and the other officers who were positioned in the front of the home, made entry, they were immediately met with gunfire.

Officer Huff was fatally wounded and four other officers suffered non-life threatening wounds. The suspect was also shot and wounded by the return gunfire.

Officer Huff had served with the Detroit Police Department for 12 years and was assigned to the Eastern District. He is survived by his wife and 10-year-old son.

Agency Contact Information
Detroit Police Department
1300 Beaubien Street
Detroit, MI 48226

Phone: (313) 596-2200

rrpederson
05-04-10, 03:45
rest in peace brother. you gave everything for the safety of others.

C-grunt
05-04-10, 05:34
Rest in peace bro. I pray for the families.

cobra90gt
05-08-10, 01:21
RIP Huff.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20394-police-officer-brian-huff

Funeral later today... :(

30 cal slut
05-08-10, 06:19
RIP officer. :(

SeriousStudent
05-08-10, 07:23
Prayers sent for Officer Huff, and his wife and son.

May the wounded make a full and speedy recovery.

May his murderer face the fullest measure of justice.