PDA

View Full Version : YHM 5C2 vs. FSC 556..........Need the PRO's Opinions

Tornado_Racing
05-03-10, 15:10
I have a YHM 5C2 pinned to my 14.5" lightweight SL-15. I have no complaints about recoil, muzzle lift, or anything related to the FH. I am VERY satisfied with my current build but have read the FSC 556 greatly reduces recoil and muzzle lift.

What would I notice going from the 5C2 to a FSC 556 other than $100 less in my wallet? lol
Would I have even better weapon control with a FSC 556 vs. the 5C2?

Just want to hear a few opinions before making my purchase so let me know what you guys think.

Added Poll:

BufordTJustice
05-03-10, 23:41
I have an FSC556 on my BCM 16" middy. Just buy it. THe gun just seems to 'vibrate on target'. A standard type flash hider cannot compete with the level of muzzle control the FSC achieves. It's in the league of the KAC triple tap brake. If ur achin' to spend the bux, you won't be sad you did. ;)

tr1kstanc3
05-06-10, 08:17
You will have better weapon control with the PWS. I have two and they are well worth it.

ROGOPGEAR
05-08-10, 23:11
I went from the phantom to the fsc556 and it was an amazing difference in recoil/muzzle rise. But you stated in your OP you were completely content with your current configuration. So, if you are going to shoot slowly from the bench, keep the phantom and your $100+ the pinning costs. If you are going to do a lot of shooting and moving and rapid fire, then get the fsc556. Depends on your shooting needs, and the mission of your rifle.

crazymoose
05-09-10, 03:48
The Phantom is a very good flash suppressor, and a shitty compensator. The FSC is a very good muzzle break, and a fairly shitty flash suppressor.

Decide what you want the primary purpose of your muzzle device to be.

Robb Jensen
05-09-10, 09:18
I have a YHM 5C2 pinned to my 14.5" lightweight SL-15. I have no complaints about recoil, muzzle lift, or anything related to the FH. I am VERY satisfied with my current build but have read the FSC 556 greatly reduces recoil and muzzle lift.

What would I notice going from the 5C2 to a FSC 556 other than $100 less in my wallet? lol
Would I have even better weapon control with a FSC 556 vs. the 5C2?

Just want to hear a few opinions before making my purchase so let me know what you guys think.

Added Poll:

If nothing is wrong with your Phantom or you aren't planning on using this barrel for competition shooting then I see no need to change from the Phantom.

LOKNLOD
05-09-10, 10:18
I would not deal with the hassle of removing and replacing a pinned muzzle device unless I had serious complaints about its performance and knew the change would improve things dramatically.