PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Gun Bag

helothar
05-03-10, 20:27
hello,

just wondering if any one has ordered a "tommy gun bag" recently as I was considering ordering one to carry the g19 while jogging, but found a thread over on glocktalk with a bunch of people saying they were charged before the bag shipped, never got their bag etc.
so anyone have any recent experiences with this company?

LHS
05-04-10, 00:07
I've had two. The first I bought in person at SHOT back in 2002 or so. I carried it daily, often with a full-size Beretta 92 in it, and it was an excellent piece of kit. I even used it in part of a BUG class. The pack doesn't look like a 'gun bag' as much as some (i got it in two-tone black and forest green), the release mechanism is simple and reliable, and it holds enough gear to go jogging as long as you don't overload it. After about 7 years of use the plastic buckle snapped (although using it to swat a bug didn't help) and I looked into getting a new one. The bag had a lifetime warranty, but they had a 50% off sale with free shipping, and it came out to be about the same price as paying to have the original bag shipped back and repaired, so I got a new one. I figure I'll eventually put a new buckle on the old one and use it as a spare.

The second one works great, and has a row of four loops of elastic webbing inside the middle compartment. I believe they're intended to hold spare magazines, but loading up 60 rounds of 9mm would make it abominably heavy, so I use it for a Surefire, leatherman, and other things I want to keep handy. I keep a spare magazine in the front pocket, with an old keyring on the zipper so I can rip it open and get the mag out quickly.

I had no issues with late arrivals. The bag came within a week or so of ordering it, and was as advertised. I know it's a sample size of one, but take it for what it's worth.