PDA

View Full Version : Anybody done divorce or legal sep. in NY state?

Macx
05-03-10, 20:46
Obviously lawyer first, now on to the thread:

My sister married a loser. We have known it for a while but, we just found out - He has been arrested for raping a woman & it is his second time getting busted for a sexual offense. The first time (we know about now) was back in 2007, he apparently got walked up on by a cop, in the midst of the act. That one was "conscentual" though they probably just got there story straight enough to avoid a prostitution bust. Anyway, this time it was forced and may have involved a weapon. He works two jobs, one with the city and one for a taxi company. . . the rape took place in his cab on city property, chances are high both jobs are gone. Arrest on his second son's birthday, arraignment on their wedding aniversary. So my sister has had enough, at last. We aren't close, so I don't know much . .. but she is my sister so I wanna help out. The family has a place to put her and the four kids up elsewhere in the country. Dude has nothing to lose if he gets out. The kids are tired of the verbal abuse and want nothing to do with their father now.

So I am half venting and half asking if anybody has been through a custody thing invloving NY State & if so, what can ya tell me about her getting the kids out of state?