PDA

View Full Version : Decent holster for a G26?

Ridge_Runner_5
05-03-10, 21:23
Just got a Glock 26 in a trade, and am looking for a decent holster for it.

Right now, Im looking at a Galco M4X holster...has a ride height I like, and isnt very expensive...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

kjdoski
05-03-10, 22:09
If SWMBO knew, I'd be a dead man, but, I've probably spent close to $1000 trying to find the "perfect" holster for my Glocks. I've had leather rigs from Rosen, Sparks, Alessi, Galco, Desantis, and other, smaller shops. I've had kydex from Raven Concealment, FIST, Comp-tac, and others.

Now, four years and two Glocks worth of money later, the BEST holster I've ever found is the $12 Glock "Sport Combat" holster. It's made of a softer polymer, and is basically a belt slide pancake holster. It holds the Glock very close to my side (tight enough that concealing under a slightly large polo shirt is no problem with my G19/23), holds the pistol with firm retention, but gives a close to kydex-fast draw.

My only real complaint is that it leaves the muzzle of my pistol exposed, which I don't care for. I'd pay an extra 50% (all the way up to a whopping $18) if Glock would make the same holster size-specific to their various models, with a covered muzzle...

If you're looking for inexpensive, but very useful, I'd strongly recommend one.

Regards,

Kevin

KeithD
05-03-10, 22:21
Any holster will hold the gun. But for long lasting durablity, fast draws and good retention, Raven Concealment Systems is where I went.

Ive ran both my G17 and G19 through many classes and training sessions in Raven gear and its been the best so far.

There is a wait time on them, but it is well worth it in the long run. I have a box full of "inexpensive" holsters from going out and buying the value holsters or the latest and greatest new thing.

You can check them out @ www.TheMalabarFront.Com

just my 2 pennies worth.

Oscar 319
05-03-10, 22:42
I like the Comp-tac MTAC with the "slide option". I can carry a G26, G19, G17 or even a G34 IWB comfortably. (Never tried the G34....a little extreme for IWB, IMO :p) It is well worth the $80.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/images/MTAC-Slide.jpg

G34Shooter
05-03-10, 22:55
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=53119

JROCK
05-04-10, 10:16
I have a few for my 26 and finally found the STOW-N-GO INSIDE THE PANT HOLSTER by Galco and love it.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=3236&GunID=50

Ridge_Runner_5
05-04-10, 11:19
Okay, I should have been clearer, I'm looking for an OWB, probably a paddle holster :)

Sam
05-04-10, 11:31
I recommend Talon Tactical A10, it's not a paddle but it's more secured and very low profile.

www.talontactical.com

Also the Raven is an excellent rig. Be prepared for a very long wait.

www.ravenconcealment.com

Rosco Benson
05-04-10, 11:36
Okay, I should have been clearer, I'm looking for an OWB, probably a paddle holster :)

Mike Benedict's PDL is a very nice paddle holster. www.talontactical.com

Likewise, Rocketman's paddle is nice. www.rmholsters.com

Rosco

Sam
05-04-10, 18:58
Rosco:
That Rocketman stuff looks like clones of Talon Tactical. Just sayin'.

BTW, this is your old buddy from the 1911forum :)

Ridge_Runner_5
05-04-10, 19:51
Well I just bought a Galco holster on the cheap from LA Police Gear...will report back on it once it arrives...

fourXfour
05-04-10, 20:03

While I despise paddles, I do like holsters that are easy to put on and take off. I prefer the Blackhawk leather Detachable Slide. There are also some kydex variations including the Comp-Tac Spartan and the previosly mentioned Galco Matrix is nice.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Detachable-Slide-Leather-Concealment,1149,1418.htm

Fuzzy-Reticle
05-04-10, 22:26
I have to vote for Comptac Infidel. I have used it for a long time and carry a Glock22 or a XD in it almost every day. Tough. Good retention. Fast. Comfortable. Inexpensive. What esle could you want.

Rayrevolver
05-04-10, 22:56
Kramer IWB #3. I love this thing, got one used for $90. I am 5 foot nothing and can conceal a G26 in a t-shirt and jeans.

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=7&categoryID=23

SeaSoldier
05-05-10, 06:57
Another vote for Kramer if it needs to be leather. The horsehide is almost as tough as Kydex. Seconds can be had on e-bay for a song. If kydex, I'm a Raven fan. Also want to try a Shaggy for 1-2 o'clock carry.

awm14hp
05-05-10, 15:34
I love the kramer #3 I think its alittle over kill for a G26 but I still have one in that. I actually like to carry all my glocks in my G17 as it put the handle in the best spot for me of all the kramer rigs I have for the specific guns. G17-G19 -G26 I also have alessi talon I use alot for my around the house holster and Rafter IWB all work great

Ridge_Runner_5
05-13-10, 23:52
Got my M4X yesterday in the mail. I like it. Locks up tight and secure, and the thumb release is tripped easily enough for quick access.

DocH
05-14-10, 06:13
Okay, I should have been clearer, I'm looking for an OWB, probably a paddle holster :) Take a look at the Mitch Rosen Upper Limit,if you like leather. Straight drop and high riding for strong side and works really well for crossdraw for a driving rig. Expensive? Yes. Great holster for a G26,tho.