PDA

View Full Version : Move Over Rover (or in the dog house again!)

luvmy40
05-04-10, 18:12
I am in the deep stuff with SWMBO again!
I was astonished when she agreed that I needed to build a light weight HD/sport rifle. I was flabbergasted when she didn't balk at the $1300.00 limit that I imposed for the rifle....

I'm still dodging missiles(both figurative and physical) from the fallout after the "You spent $500.00 on a sight?!!" argument we just had. I explained that I got a great deal on an Aimpoint CompM2 packaged with integrated ARD flip-ups and QRPII mount. She said "You already have sights!" I explained that the "sights" are BUIS and that any real AR needs CQB optics. She said "What's that black tube you mounted when you built the thing?!" I explained that it was not an Aimpoint and only meant to try out the 30mm RD set up to ensure that it was the style that I wanted to go with...

At this point she fixed me with that cold dead stare that we all know and have nightmares about and said "I cant believe that you spent $500.00 on a F*%k#@G sight!" I said "this is where I came in!"...

Did I mention that I am still ducking and looking for cover?

QuietShootr
05-04-10, 18:15
[QUOTE=luvmy40;645742]SWMBO /QUOTE]

Found your problem. You "Obey" your wife?

luvmy40
05-04-10, 18:18
[QUOTE=luvmy40;645742]SWMBO /QUOTE]

Found your problem. You "Obey" your wife?

I particularly like to eat and have sex...

Belmont31R
05-04-10, 18:28
[QUOTE=QuietShootr;645746]

My wife and I would be having a sit down discussion if she withheld sex over something like spending money on a gun.

But then again I told my now wife before our 1st date I was heavily into guns, and if she had a problem with it there would be no need to go on a date. She replied back that it was cool with her, and she got her hunters ed course done when she was younger.....;)

QuietShootr
05-04-10, 18:28
[QUOTE=QuietShootr;645746]

Me too, and I don't "Obey" my wife to get it:D

I'm busting your balls, but this is actually a serious topic. Somewhere around 1985, as far as I can tell, the new wave feminists' social conditioning finally overtook the natural order of things and the male began to be portrayed as stupid and in need of female direction to make daily decisions.

IOW, we went from this:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/corpuncom/sell/11371.jpg

to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acCnKmZDpfA&feature=player_embedded

And not only are you NOT embarrassed, you're telling stories on yourself!

John Wayne wept.

luvmy40
05-04-10, 18:59
I expected the ball busting. That's kinda' why I posted this.

My OP was more than a little tongue-in-cheek.

She was completely into the rifle build and loves to go to the range. I just bought her a Taurus 709B for EDC.

She's just a bit miffed(and rightly so) that I didn't talk to her before I bought the Aimpoint. She always says "You make the money, I'm not going to tell you how to spend it."

The whole SWMBO thing is a bleed-over/throw back to the Home Brewing forum(another expensive hobby that she wholeheartedly supports) that I frequent. It's a kindofjokebutnot thing.

JSantoro
05-04-10, 19:24
We've all been there, man. It's all about finding a certain equilibrium.

I often get a chance to tell my gal pal "Way to break the mold, babe!" because she's into...wait for it...shoes. Scene: I'm letting her shoot Vera, which she likes. After a string of 10...

"Wow, cool! How much did you say this...did you call it a nouveau (:rolleyes:) upper?...cost, again?"

"Uhh...Noveske. 'Bout $1200."

"WHAT?!?! Not even for a complete gun!?"

":mad: Those...what, Blahnik?...boots you bought the other day. How much did they set you back, hint hint?"

She just blinked at me a couple of times, cheeked the gun and kept shooting. I said that's RIGHT now make me a sammich (to myself, silently).

Sweet, sweet victory. Or, at least she retreated and left me in possession of the battlefield. I'll take it.

HES
05-04-10, 22:14
I'm still dodging missiles(both figurative and physical) from the fallout...
Yeah and the same thing happened to me when I brought the 24 year old read head with the DDDs home. What's up with women these days? :confused:

Jerm
05-05-10, 00:16
Mine.

Yours.

Ours.

The only way to go.

If I'm taking care of my share of ours I'm not trying to hear any shit about mine.Be happy I dip into mine for all of these ridiculous "holidays and celebrations" that only you(and other women) care about.

And this...

http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploaded/ironmyshirt-205-20080111-22.jpg

I've been waiting quite awhile for a chance to post that pic again...This thread will do.:D

mnagant762
05-05-10, 05:01
The guy with the iron my shirt bitch sign is too much :D

orionz06
05-05-10, 05:59
I have a nice exchange going on, or so I thought. We would trade guns for purses or shoes. It was pretty fair, I got the stuff I wanted, but what kills me now is it is her turn, and she is not getting a damned thing. The current desire for me is an H-1 and a rail on my .22 to match the 5.56. I bought two PA Micro clones, and when I sneak the H-1 onto the gun she will never know the difference... The other problem is I am taking one class for sure in September, and hopefully one or two over the winter, so we will see how that goes. I used to play paintball competitively and was spending $80 a weekend and $400 for a tournament every 4-5 weeks, and she had no issue there, its just a matter of convincing her that classes are better.

Good luck!

Thomas M-4
05-05-10, 08:07
Mine.

Yours.

Ours.

The only way to go.

If I'm taking care of my share of ours I'm not trying to hear any shit about mine.Be happy I dip into mine for all of these ridiculous "holidays and celebrations" that only you(and other women) care about.

And this...

http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploaded/ironmyshirt-205-20080111-22.jpg

I've been waiting quite awhile for a chance to post that pic again...This thread will do.:D

If that PIC was taken in AL I know who is holding up that Iron my shirt bitch sign.:D:D:D