PDA

View Full Version : tacstar side saddle 870

fmhscopeland
05-04-10, 20:06
So i recently purchased a TacStar side saddle for my 870 and the directions say to drift the trigger group pins out with the supplied screws, i didn't want to mushroom the screws so i used punches, screwdrivers, allen wrenches, you name it i tried it and a hammer and cannot get those pins to budge. I have tried it with the ejection port facing up and down, directions say up... Have scratched the side a little and at this point in time am so fed up i want to go back in time and never bought the thing.. What am i doing wrong? Do these pins need to be loosened up by shooting, the 870 only has about 15 rounds through it...And i put some force into those pins but to no avail.

99HMC4
05-04-10, 20:16
The should just pop right out, just like an AR. Try it from both sides, if that doesnt work use a solid center punch and give it a good hit. If that doent work take it to your local gun smith.....

fmhscopeland
05-04-10, 20:31
Does the bolt need to be locked to the rear, or magazine tube and barrel taken off, action closed and locked, etc..any provisions that i am not thinking of...And yeah i look on youtube and others just take a little force and wham they are out, i have put a lot more force into them and no budge

99HMC4
05-04-10, 20:33
Bolt closed, hammer can be up or down. Shoudnt take to much...

ryan
05-04-10, 20:36
Is there any space between the pins and the surface the gun is laying on when you try to move them? My 870 and 1100 require almost no effort to remove

fmhscopeland
05-04-10, 22:20
yup ive laid it on a flat surface with towells rolled underneith and even sat down and laid it across my legs and hit it... im telling ya'll they are freaking in tight as all get out.

mdain
05-04-10, 23:11
I know it sounds silly, but make sure there is room for the pins to come out the other side. Then smack the pin punch with a big hammer like the gun isn't yours. You won't hurt anything unless you miss.;)