PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Troy Rail Cover?

Skang
05-04-10, 22:06
I am having hard time picking what rail cover to get. my choices were Tangodown, KAC, Troy.

I was thinking about getting KAC rail cover, but i like the look of Troy Rail Cover better.

i dont think its that popular here, because i have not seen one yet.

i read the review at on-line store that Troy Rail Cover rattles, i was wondering if someone can tell me from their experience too.

Speaking of KAC rail, do they rattle too?

hardluck
05-04-10, 22:12
I use them but they slip easy, I am thinking of going to the KAC covers.
IMO

DaBears_85
05-04-10, 22:19
I am having hard time picking what rail cover to get. my choices were Tangodown, KAC, Troy.

I was thinking about getting KAC rail cover, but i like the look of Troy Rail Cover better.

i dont think its that popular here, because i have not seen one yet.

i read the review at on-line store that Troy Rail Cover rattles, i was wondering if someone can tell me from their experience too.

Speaking of KAC rail, do they rattle too?

I can't speak for the Troy rail covers, but the KAC's don't rattle. They move back and forth a little in the direction parallel to the length of the rail, nothing bad.

Skang
05-04-10, 22:26
oh boy!!

KAC is expensive!!:eek:

For one cover?

http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=19

DaBears_85
05-04-10, 22:39
...KAC is expensive!!

Yeah there's that too.

I was gonna suggest trying Bravo Co. USA but I don't see them on there. You could try the Black Rifle Works or Impact Guns. A cursory glance on google produced some on eBay for $14-$16 but I'd be wary of shit off of eBay.

em2b96p
05-04-10, 23:08
I have them and I prefer them over the KAC. To me the KAC makes the rail look like a standard cheap plastic handguard.

I do not like how the KAC locks onto the rail, it puts scratches. The Troy has a nice grip and solid push down PLASTIC lock.

IM me and ill refer you to a great source for these Troy rail covers. You will thank me!

Skang
05-05-10, 00:19
Does your troy cover rattle by any chance?

biker911
06-03-10, 23:17
I have a set of Troy's on my AR and so far they staying pretty tight.

ryan
06-03-10, 23:22
I have heard of the Troy's self ejecting with high round counts, I believe Gotm4's review of the Ruger SR556 said something to that effect. I use the Magpul XTM panels myself.

deadduck357
06-04-10, 00:11
I was using the Troy but after them slipping on the rails a few times while handling I switched to the Tango Down SCAR covers, much better, they secure to the rail better.

dennisuello
06-04-10, 00:42
i got a set and could not get them to click in, no matter how hard i pushed and lines up them on the Troy MRF-C rails. switched to magpul ladder panels.

i have an FDE set of three i can sell you, if you want them. just pm me.

em2b96p
06-04-10, 02:10
no rattles here, but I dont do any competitive/duty/combat/zombie shooting so I have no idea how they hold up with abuse and after many many rounds.

crazymoose
06-04-10, 02:39
I think they're pieces of shit. I've snapped the plastic locking tab on a couple of them while trying to pry both ends up to install/remove the cover. I discovered the hard way that there's not much room between raising the tab's ends enough to move the cover, and raising the ends so far that they snap off. I like most of what Troy makes, but not these things.

kwelz
06-04-10, 10:10
I have tried a number of different rail covers and keep going back to XTM panels.

jklaughrey
06-04-10, 11:49
Tried a few diff. types, but prefer the Magpul XTM's especially when stippled properly. Can be a little bulkier, but good balance and excellent gripping surface. Not to mention provide good heat barrier.

z0mbieHK
06-04-10, 11:54
I can't imagine using anything but the LaRue index clips on any of my future builds. They are about as solid on lockup as you can get and the lower profile they create is nice.

jklaughrey
06-04-10, 12:01
How solid are they Zombie, and are they mainly made for indexing and holding down wires and such or can you place them together to form a continuous cover. Also what is the friction surface like?

z0mbieHK
06-05-10, 09:02
There is no movement of any type after clipping them in. They are as solid at the rail itself. They do not create a continuous cover exactly, but I think it is a very comfortable feel. As mentioned before, I like the lower profile they create in comparison to other panels. Almost the perfect trade off between rail ladders and panels.

This isn't a photo of my setup, but it gives you a good example of what they look like installed.

http://i45.tinypic.com/9zpmqt.jpg

steve-oh
06-05-10, 13:11
No love for TangoDowns? I've been using them for years and they work great. I've also got the new SCAR panels on my SCAR (see the name drop?) and they also work well.