PDA

View Full Version : Source for mil-spec CAR stock?

Circle_10
05-05-10, 08:23
i'm attempting to locate an older style CAR buttstock. CAR style stocks are widely avaliable but i've heard many of these are not of good quality compared to the milspec originals, and most that i've seen seem to be for commercial diameter tubes as well. can anyone point me in the direction of where to locate a good quality example of one of these stocks sized for a milspec receiver extension?

f.2
05-05-10, 10:26
i got a colt buttstock from a wtb ad a few weeks ago. good shape too. pegged for a 14.5" midlength build.

Belmont31R
05-05-10, 11:29
Stag makes a decent replica for a mil-spec tube. Otherwise you have to find a Colt on the EE boards as Colt no longer makes the CAR stocks.

Its a shame because I actually like them more than the M4/Gen 2 stocks.

e28w
05-05-10, 13:08
http://e-sarcoinc.com/ar15m16coltoriginalretractingstock.aspx

shadow65
05-05-10, 13:44
If that is truly an original Colt, thats a good deal IMO

Caeser25
05-05-10, 17:53
I have a Colt takeoff that I got from BCM a couple years ago, but it's been painted who knows how many times by the military and twice by me.

markm
05-05-10, 19:41
I pick up those "N 1" stocks every so often. I actually use them on my guns. I've never been a fan of the big ass new style M4 stock.

I thought the old style stock would be more readily available with all the HOMO stocks on the market these days, but you don't see too many of them. There's probably PILES of the damned things sitting in arms rooms all over the country. :rolleyes: