PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Geissele Trigger system Noveske offers?

Eagle1*
05-05-10, 15:10
I am wondering if any of you have this trigger setup on your AR15's or Noveske rifles since this is an upgrade on an ordered rifle through them. I am thinking of opting for this on my next Noveske and was wondering if any of you like/dislike it and think it is worth the extra jing? Here is the link to the Noveske option page for the trigger setup;

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=optgtrigger&cat=96&page=1&search=&since=&status=

Skyyr
05-05-10, 15:33
The trigger isn't really a Noveske offering. They (Noveske) are simply charging you to swap out a standard single-stage GI trigger (typically Stag Arms) with a Geissele two-stage precision trigger. I put one in my Noveske and the difference is like night and day.

I asked the same question when I was considering upgrading and one person described it to me in a way that was very accurate: "It's a difference between dragging something on concrete and sliding on ice."

The single-stage GI triggers are very "rough" (for lack of a better word) and are somewhat unpredictable as to when they break. If you've had any experience with AR's, you know that you simply pull the trigger back until it goes *bang.* The advantage is that they are simple and therefore reliable. With two-stage triggers, you have two distinct parts to the trigger pull: 1) the takeup, which is where the trigger can be pulled back very smoothly with little resistance, until it stops and gets to the 2) second stage, where resistance is increased and the hammer is released if the trigger is pulled further. Unlike a single-stage trigger, the release is clean, meaning you know that the hammer will release immediately after you pull it past the first stage. This allows for a much more precise trigger pull and lets you know exactly when the trigger will "break" and fire.

That said, the specific advantage of the Geissele is that it's combat-reliable. Most two-stage triggers are fragile, benchrest/precision triggers that can malfunction and/or break under heavy use - something that is obviously unwanted in a combat carbine. Geissele is one of the few, if not the only, two-stage trigger that is as reliable as a single-stage trigger and can be trusted.

I think the money is well worth it for a precision shooter who enjoys shooting long range (3-400yds+) or for someone who enjoys shooting small groups. If you plan on simply using the gun for carbine courses, short-range shooting, home-defense, etc., then the investment may not be worth it to you, as the advantages won't be fully utilized.

randolph
05-05-10, 16:42
I believe Mr. skyyr covered it awesomely :D

I added one to my stock noveske and that's when it got accurate...

newyork
05-05-10, 17:16
Very nice with a crisp break. Much better than the G.I. trigger and stupid easy to install.

ALCOAR
05-05-10, 17:22
HA...just cause the first 3 covered it so well....
http://i45.tinypic.com/35d6hrn.jpg

DO IT:)

Plato
05-05-10, 18:19
its worth it. i bought one after the fact and ended up paying more for it (noveske has it at a bargain for only 155). loved it so much that i bought two more (one was a gift for my buddy).

lanceriley
05-05-10, 18:39
I shoot short range carbine course and long range shots with it. No problem.

the same way my custom 1911's trigger. it's just about 2 lbs trigger pull... I shoot double taps and long distance shots with it. say 50yards.

The 2 stage of the Geissele is like para ordinance LDA only smoother. if you do get use to it... it's a very good trigger and the main reason I got it was bec. it's a combat trigger. supposedly very reliable. I got the SSF version.

hellbound
05-05-10, 21:53
I have the Geissele DMR trigger in my LT Stealth. I bought it a few years ago. It is hands down the smoothest, cleanest breaking trigger i've ever used.

I am considering picking up two of the SSA triggers for my M4A1 clones

Belmont31R
05-05-10, 22:13
Geissele is like sex but it wont nag at you, and just like sex once you do it once you want it all the time.

I can hardly stand a GI trigger anymore. They are reliable but inconsistent. You can take one trigger, and compare it to the next one off the line. One will have a 6lb pull, the next one will be 10lbs. I still have a few that are pretty good with a crisp 6lb break but many more out there are gritty, and just plain heavy. My 1st AR, a Colt with the large trigger pins, is up there around 10lbs. Its my least favorite gun to shoot.

Ratfink
05-06-10, 14:13
the ssa trigger i have in my noveske is fantastic

shootist~
05-06-10, 17:56
The various Geissele triggers are two-stage. If you are a serious 3-Gun competitor you might prefer a match type single stage trigger - a good single stage trigger will be a little faster, IMO. Having said that I really like and prefer the two Geissele triggers I own (1 DMR and 1 SSA), over any OEM AR trigger I've owned or tried.

The DMR (self installed) breaks at 4 Lbs - just under 3 Lbs for the 1st stage and just over 1 Lb for the second stage. The SSA I received pre-installed in a DD lower from G&R initially breaks at 4.5 Lbs; approximately 2.75 Lbs for the 1st stage and 1.75 for the 2nd stage.

grunz
05-07-10, 15:46
By the way, $155 for the SSA trigger installed is a hell of deal. Go fir it.

I have the Geissele DMR on my N4 and it's awesome.

Eagle1*
05-07-10, 18:17
Thanks guys, I may just opt for it!

CobraBG
05-07-10, 20:28
Very nice with a crisp break. Much better than the G.I. trigger and stupid easy to install.

Stupid easy to install... I have to ask, does that mean that an average person could install it on their own? I am capable but not a gunsmith.

opmike
05-07-10, 21:29
As is the case with a stripped lower, the average person should have no problem installing/assembling one.

ALCOAR
05-07-10, 23:14
Stupid easy to install... I have to ask, does that mean that an average person could install it on their own? I am capable but not a gunsmith.

See NewYork is a CAVEMAN, thus making these so easy to install a caveman can do it:D:D

In all seriousness these are extremely easy for the avg. joe to pop right in.

johnnywitt
05-10-10, 20:47
I like my Geissele SSA for precision shots. However, I hate it for trying to shoot a rapid split. I have to pull through the fairly heavy first stage and I just can't do it well. It also distracts me a great deal concentration-wise. I have an AR Gold that is a dream to shoot fast OR slow. It's like shooting a nice 1911 trigger. The problem is that the Gold trigger won't go into a Colt Lower. I do plan on trying a GA DMR in a Colt 6920 and trying to set it up to feel like a Glock with the 3.5# Connector. I could live with that and keep my Colts_ otherwise you Guys are gonna see some Colts for sale. Maybe the much lighter first stage on the DMR will be the charm. I have to say, Geissele quality and CS is superb.