PDA

View Full Version : Heinie M&P Sights?

VA_Dinger
05-11-07, 00:29
Anybody heard when Heinie will be releasing their new S&W M&P sights?

Dport
05-11-07, 06:46
Anybody heard when Heinie will be releasing their new S&W M&P sights?
Last I heard was sometime this summer, but nothing specific.

Sam
05-11-07, 06:59
They've been saying that for a few months. Frankly, with the availability of the Yam/10-8, Scott Warren's and Dan Burwell's sights, all offer clean sight pictures with wider square of U notches, there's no need to wait for Heinie, unless you're brand loyal. :) I have two Heinie's (Glock and 1911), one YoBo Professional (1911) and Yam/10-8 for my M&P, they offer comparable performance in my opinion.

VA_Dinger
05-11-07, 12:05
I'm willing to wait.

I've had 10-8 sights on a 1911 and my G19 still has a sweet set of Warren night sights. Between the two I prefer the Warren sights.

That being said, I still prefer traditional square notch sights. Nothing wrong with U-notch sights, this is just my preference. If my M&P had come with night sights I'd never even bother changing them out.

- Anybody have a set of stock S&W M&P night sights they want to sell?

El Cid
05-12-07, 18:48
I'm looking at M&Ps and any I buy will get the 10-8 sight. I shot one last week with it and loved it! It's amazing (to me anyway) how much more quickly the eye really does lock on. My Novak customs will one day get 10-8 rears as well... I just feel like it's a waste of money since they have fresh tritium tubes in them.