PDA

View Full Version : How aggressive is the Boresight stippling?

Rated21R
05-06-10, 08:55
I know it looks amazing and I pretty much sold on it, just wondering how aggressive it is. Looking for folks with hands-on experience to chime in with their thoughts.

By the way, I wouldn't say I have girlie hands but I also wouldn't say I have lumberjack hands :D

Please don't flame me too much. Thanks!

YVK
05-06-10, 10:45
Ben himself will tell you that medium is his most popular, and that's what I have. I find it just right, you feel it when you grip gun but it is not abrasive. I shot 1200 rounds in 2 days in recent class and had no issues. My hands are not girlie but I do protect them for professional reasons. Ben flattens stippling at tang area so it doesn't rub there. The only thing that I would've done differently would be to keep trigger guard smooth.

Rated21R
05-06-10, 10:57
thanks. i didn't realize there were different levels. guess that is what i will go with.

ROCKET20_GINSU
05-06-10, 11:03
I'm going to send my G19 to him on friday, and I concur his work looks fantastic. FYI I asked him about getting a stippling that is non snag and carry friendly but still gives me good purchase on the gun. He suggested that I get sharp or corse on the front strap and fine or medium on the backstrap and sides, so you can work with him to create the ideal fit for you.

GU

sevin8nin
05-06-10, 13:56
I had Ben do the 'sharp' texturing on my M&P45. This is what I got to handle at SHOT show and it's the only thing i've felt from him. It's no where near as aggressive as 20lpi machine cut checkering. Or some of the more aggressive grip panels for a 1911. But, when I shoot a handgun, I squeeze the heck out of it. When I shoot 1911s I usually end up with a dent in my hand from the memory groove on the grip safety.
When I shoot my recently Boresighted M&P45 I walk away with no marks, and no agitation.
It kind of feels like light sand paper, but it doesn't grit apart like skateboard tape.

DJK
05-06-10, 16:07
Ben did the medium texture on my M&P9 and the only problem that I have had is with it catching on my Under Armour t-shirt. I wear the loose gear and sometimes I can feel the butt catching on it. I like Ben's work enough that I'm getting ready to send him my .45.:D