PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Factory Seconds?

Winter
05-06-10, 12:37
Hey Guys,

I just recently joined the site and I am looking to procure a stripped Noveske lower for a build, Rainier Arms does not have any of the standard stripped lowers in stock but does have their Factory Seconds in stock right now. I was wondering what the blemish usually is? I might also throw in there that this rifle will be my first AR and while some might say that I am a bit crazy for building my own I think why not? I would also like to state that I am NOT going to build my upper, I will end up going with one of Noveske's factory uppers(have not decided).

I would also like to state that I did want to get the Black Rain Ordnance stripped lower but I figure for my first AR I'll go Noveske and then possibly build up a Black Rain lower.

Thanks
Winter.

thebob24
05-06-10, 14:07
I have a Noveske stripped lower that I'd like to sell.
But from what I have heard the blemishes on the Seconds lowers are not a big deal. By that I mean the blemishes are not very noticeable.
They have the number "2" stamped/engraved inside them.

Winter
05-06-10, 14:11
How much do you want and what condition?

thebob24
05-06-10, 14:21
PM sent.

Alex V
05-06-10, 14:59
I got a Noveske 2nd lower from Ranier, and if not for the "2" stamped inside it, personaly, I would never be able to tell.

PrivateCitizen
05-06-10, 15:05
The few I have seen are minor at best.

Nothing that would not happen after a class or two anyway.

Good quality lower at a good price (not to poach a sale form Bob ;) )

thebob24
05-06-10, 15:11
Its cool. I said basically the same.
The seconds lowers are no problem from what everyone says.

I can wait and sell mine during the next buying frenzy.
For a fair price of course. :cool:

rocketman
05-06-10, 17:40
I ordered one that isn't a second from PK Firearms yesterday and it shipped today. $180.00. Good people. I buy from them all the time. They still have some in stock if you are interested.

http://www.pkfirearms.com/content/1/20/108/148

Winter
05-06-10, 17:50
Just ordered a factory second from Rainier along with DD LPK, should be at my FFL next week, then it'll be dressed with Magpul MOE stock kit from Rainier probably in OD. Upper will be a Noveske.

Belmont31R
05-06-10, 19:00
I got one with a Noveske upper as part of their "deal", and the only thing wrong is a VERY small dimple on the R side of the magwell.

From what I have seen you are not going to get any obviously messed up parts, and most people have had to hunt for the blemish.

J Krammes
05-09-10, 11:55
I have a second Noveske lower, but I'll be damned if I can find any kind of blemish anywhere on it. It has a "2" stamped on the inside, but that is it.

Jeremy

Warg
05-09-10, 23:00
Ditto here. Got one from Rainier on Friday. Couldn't find a blemish anywhere!

ucrt
05-09-10, 23:34
The new Noveske cosmetic lowers will have a "C" prefixed serial number. I got one in February and it had a "C", I don't remember seeing a "2" anywhere?

Warg
05-09-10, 23:39
Sure enough, mine begins with a C. Actually, it's C-2XXX, but I don't know if that "2"two is the one others are referring. There is a "2" stamped inside as well.

ucrt
05-10-10, 00:26
Right now, the Noveske factory gun serial numbers are prefixed with an "E". I know they have had different prefixes up to now, but the current prefix is the "E".

I've sold my lower, where was the "2" stamped. I vaguely remember something in the trigger well....:confused:

Scoby
05-10-10, 11:39
This is my Noveske 2nd I plan on someday using to build a SBR. All that is on hold now because of this stinking economy. It's on my S&W MP15T upper at the moment.

You can see from the pic that is has a blemish on the left front corner of the mag well. Completely cosmetic and doesn't bother me in the least. Everything else is GTG.

It has a 2 stamped in the trigger well.

Scoby

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/Scoby/Jan82010016.jpg

J Krammes
05-10-10, 11:47
Mine only has four numbers for the SN. No letter prefix. The "2" is stamped inside the reciever just infront of where the rear takedown pin goes.

Jeremy