PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about....

dway
05-06-10, 19:39
How do I go about building an upper with a 14.5" barrel with a perm. attached flash hider since I live in the Peoples Republic of Illinois. It's a non-NFA state. I have built a couple AR's with 16" barrels in the last few months but want a 14.5" in barrel this time. I want to use a MUR upper and one of the new Spikes rails when they are available, but I am still undecided on the actual barrel. Since the hand guard will have to be installed before the flash hider is perm. attached, I can't legally assemble it myself, so do I need to just send everything off to Adco or someone else to build it? Could I even have the barrel shipped to my house with the other items or would it have to go straight to the assembler?

Mr Gone
05-08-10, 01:34
How do I go about building an upper with a 14.5" barrel with a perm. attached flash hider since I live in the Peoples Republic of Illinois. It's a non-NFA state. I have built a couple AR's with 16" barrels in the last few months but want a 14.5" in barrel this time. I want to use a MUR upper and one of the new Spikes rails when they are available, but I am still undecided on the actual barrel. Since the hand guard will have to be installed before the flash hider is perm. attached, I can't legally assemble it myself, so do I need to just send everything off to Adco or someone else to build it? Could I even have the barrel shipped to my house with the other items or would it have to go straight to the assembler?

Since I've been researching something similar:

As long as you don't attach it to a lower, it's not an SBR...as long as you have enough legal uppers to fit your lowers, you don't show "constructive intent."

You can assemble it yourself as long as you don't mount the upper to a lower until it's at legal barrel length.