PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster XM15 E2S

BFI
05-06-10, 22:06

this is my bushmaster, i really like the quality and theory behind magpul so i decided to build a gun around that. standard 5.56mm gun, with the heavy barrel option. i plan on getting a vortex strikefire soon, and eventually drop in a different trigger. oh and these were taken with my cell phone so please excuse the poor quality.

EDBSO
05-07-10, 01:11
Grats on a nice rifle. I have one almost just like it with the only difference being the barrel. Mine has the fluted H-BAR. I just upgraded the charging handle to a BCM Gunfighter with looking at adding a rail front end on it.

Col_Crocs
05-07-10, 02:13
I dont see photos... :confused:

BFI
05-07-10, 14:07
Grats on a nice rifle. I have one almost just like it with the only difference being the barrel. Mine has the fluted H-BAR. I just upgraded the charging handle to a BCM Gunfighter with looking at adding a rail front end on it.

thanks, i plan on getting a KX3 flash hider soon, we will see. have to let my wallet cool down a bit. you should post a picture, im curious.

Just_Plain_T.
05-07-10, 14:22
I dont see photos... :confused:

Neither do I

:confused:

ChicagoTex
05-07-10, 15:28
thanks, i plan on getting a KX3 flash hider soon

Terrible idea. Do a search on these forums for the KX3 on 14-16" barrels and you'll find that they offer no advantages, strain the action more, add 1/2lb of weight in the worst possible place, and over 2" to your carbine's overall length.

The KX3 is really for 12.5" barrels and shorter.

BFI
05-07-10, 15:30
Terrible idea. Do a search on these forums for the KX3 on 14-16" barrels and you'll find that they offer no advantages, strain the action more, add 1/2lb of weight in the worst possible place, and over 2" to your carbine's overall length.

The KX3 is really for 12.5" barrels and shorter.

oh ok, thanks for the info, do you know anything about the "phantom" style flash-hider?

BFI
05-07-10, 15:32
Neither do I

:confused:

i attached them to this post, can you see them now?

Just_Plain_T.
05-07-10, 15:44
Now I do.

Looks good and simple. Simple is the best way to go. I prefer not to have gadgets bolted on everywhere.

How do you like the AFG? I haven't been able to try one yet.

ChicagoTex
05-07-10, 17:06
oh ok, thanks for the info, do you know anything about the "phantom" style flash-hider?

YHM Phantoms are perfectly good flash hiders, but I don't really feel they're superior enough to a standard A2 flash hider to be worth the price.

I think the main popularity of the YHM Phantom is it's pretty cheap and acts just like an A2 flash hider, but is long enough to bring a 14.5" barrel up to the 16" non-NFA requirement when permanently attached.

What is it you're hoping to accomplish by changing your flash hider anyway?

EDBSO
05-07-10, 17:10
I can't offer any input on the flash hider. I'll see about getting some pic's of mine and upload for you.

Col_Crocs
05-07-10, 19:12
Id shoot it first. See how you like it and find out what you need. You may end up wanting a comp instead of an FH.
For your optics, again, shoot some and decide on your needs, then do your research before making any purchase. Keep an open mind and find the pros and cons of each and see which one fits you best.

BFI
05-07-10, 19:39
i am really looking for something to help speed up my follow up shots, i am in a 3 gun run-n-gun this summer and it would help if i had a little less climb. also it doesnt hurt if it looks good ;)

ChicagoTex
05-07-10, 19:57
i am really looking for something to help speed up my follow up shots, i am in a 3 gun run-n-gun this summer and it would help if i had a little less climb. also it doesnt hurt if it looks good

If it's STRICTLY for competition, you want a full-on muzzle brake like the JP Recoil Eliminator or the Bushmaster Y-Comp. However, if you intend to run the gun in any defensive capacity, you're gonna have to dial back to something more along the lines of a PWS FSC556 or AAC Brakeout because the full-on brakes bring noise and flash to ridiculous levels.

BFI
05-07-10, 20:20
Now I do.

Looks good and simple. Simple is the best way to go. I prefer not to have gadgets bolted on everywhere.

How do you like the AFG? I haven't been able to try one yet.

i love it, it really is a better grip on the gun. if you shoot the way they teach you to, it really helps.

BFI
05-07-10, 20:21
If it's STRICTLY for competition, you want a full-on muzzle brake like the JP Recoil Eliminator or the Bushmaster Y-Comp. However, if you intend to run the gun in any defensive capacity, you're gonna have to dial back to something more along the lines of a PWS FSC556 or AAC Brakeout because the full-on brakes bring noise and flash to ridiculous levels.

thank you, ill check it out. it is a defensive gun as well, and the shoot is based around that. so i will have to do further research, but i really appreciate your input and advice.

Iraqgunz
05-08-10, 06:23
I would probably spend my money and get an HP/ MPI bolt from BCM or other credible source. I have seen Bushamster bolts crack right where the cam pin slides in.

Leave the flash hider alone. Also, forget the Vortex Strikefire chinese crap. Get a decent flashlight (Surefire G2 or similar) a mount and a sling. That's my 50 Afghanis worth.

BFI
05-08-10, 18:12
I would probably spend my money and get an HP/ MPI bolt from BCM or other credible source. I have seen Bushamster bolts crack right where the cam pin slides in.

Leave the flash hider alone. Also, forget the Vortex Strikefire chinese crap. Get a decent flashlight (Surefire G2 or similar) a mount and a sling. That's my 50 Afghanis worth.

yea, i have a G2 and i think im gonna get an aimpoint instead, my friend has one and i was impressed with it. as for the bolt, thanks for the heads up, ill look into it further now that i know.

arizonaranchman
05-09-10, 00:49
Nice! Now get out there and have fun with it. :)