PDA

View Full Version : Quick review of Fenix L2T and Inova T1 lights

surfinbird
05-07-10, 19:05
Well I decided to try the Fenix L2T 2.0 (chambered in AA) and the Inova T1 (chambered in 123A) . Got both of them on amazon for under $100. First off, Im not impressed with these lights at all. If your looking for a cheap surefire alternative, just get the surefire... its worth it in the end.

Fenix L2T 2.0
Pros,
- cheap - light was 40 dollars
- two light modes - high 152 lumens [run time 2.4 hours], low - 16 lumens [32 hours]
- push button tail cap
- uses AA batteries

Cons,
- weird body design
- makes funny noise when on high mode, sounds like its about to blow up
- feels cheap in my hands
- have to twist head to change light modes
-states in the manual can only be used in high mode for a max of 10 mins... damn right....

I feel confident to use the fenix l2t, for non serious roles. walking, taking trash out, working on my car....

Inova T1
Pros,
-claims to have a 5 hour run time at 110 lumens
-good design in a sense that its short to be a rail mounted light
- A++ features push button tail cap for on/off (surefire offers on their g2 and e series lights a push button for an extra $50)
-cheap $45
-surefire like grip
-feels heavy duty

Cons,
- fat and heavy
- i had to marker out the rear of the flashlight because of stainless steel metal band. kind of weird because it states on the packaging that the flashlight is a MP model

I am going to mount this one on my ak, I just wish it was a little bit lighter, didnt have the SS rim on the tailcap.

Dennis
05-07-10, 21:39
I wouldn't rate either of those lights as "Surefire Alternatives". :confused:

However, always nice to have some extra cheap (but still bright!) lights around for general use.

Thanks for the reviews! A couple more lights to cross off my list :p

Dennis.

PA1911
05-18-10, 20:21
hanks for the reviews. I had the L2T for a few weeks then sold it to get a L2D-CE when they came out. I have been carrying it for years with no issues. They are not Surefires but Fenix makes a decent light