PDA

View Full Version : shooters, please reaffirm to my dad...

sadmin
05-07-10, 22:26
I told him I would post this for quite a few very experienced shooters to sound off on what I have already voiced, which is to get rid of a Rock River Entry carbine as opposed to a XCR Light.

We are dumping some rifles and he is considering loosing the XCR over the Rock River, and I am against this.

Would you mind voicing your opinions...

Thanks for the time.

kmrtnsn
05-07-10, 22:34
They're his guns; let him do as he wants.

sadmin
05-07-10, 22:37
thanks for sticking up for my fathers interests?
o.k. let me rephrase the question:
You are wanting to get rid of a rifle...
You own a RR carbine & an XCR.
Which would you (NOT your father) keep for longevity and frequency.

kmrtnsn
05-07-10, 22:46
I'd get rid of the XCR.

Not what you wanted to hear, was it?

sadmin
05-07-10, 22:48
No.. your fired. Interesting though, and I value your opinion.
I figured it would be worth more against the RR, but I will do more research about its weak points.
Thank you for your response.

120mm
05-07-10, 22:55
Personally, I'd get rid of the XCR as well.

"Fix" any shortcomings the RRA has, buy more ammo, shoot the crap out of it.

Jay Cunningham
05-07-10, 23:08
Not going how you planned, eh?

:p

Oscar 319
05-07-10, 23:13
Any shortcomings the RRA may or may not have can be easily corrected by readily available, easy to find and inexpensive parts.

The XCR.....

Not saying one is better than the other, I'm just sayin'......

Gutshot John
05-07-10, 23:18
I'd sell both and get a BCM or Colt and whatever accessories/RDS I'd want. Then buy another.

thopkins22
05-07-10, 23:34
I figured it would be worth more against the RR, but I will do more research about its weak points.

I don't know what it's resale value is, but you're probably correct there. If he's already squared away with quality AR rifles and truly is going to keep one for how unique it is then yeah keep the XCR.

It may be a mindset difference though. Resale value doesn't enter the equation when I'm buying/selling a gun.

I'm more comfortable in the long term supporting the AR platform so I'd keep the AR too.

ChicagoTex
05-08-10, 01:42
I'd sell both and get a BCM or Colt and whatever accessories/RDS I'd want. Then buy another.

Ditto, except in my case replace the word "Colt" with "Noveske" (nothing against Colt quality-wise, they just don't build the kind of configurations I personally favor).

But yeah, if you had to dump one - the XCR is the one to dump, especially for longevity. XCR parts will be rare as hen's teeth 20-30 years from now, AR parts not so much...

jtb0311
05-08-10, 02:36
I'd get rid of the XCR and put all that money into the AR.

threebanger
05-08-10, 09:27
So......how much is he asking for the XCR?

sadmin
05-08-10, 09:41
no joke...I dont know we will see, ill list it on here although it looks like it wont be highly sought after.
thanks